Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Expectations for the Swindon game ?

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
What are people expecting for tonight ? Full strength team, reserve team, mixture of the two ?

Bit nervous about this one after seeing Soton go packing last night. An unsettled side is prime for a bit of 'giant killing'.

I'd go with our full guns though, its important this side gels as quickly as possible.

Comments

• Options
    i think we will have the same team as started against scunthorpe, pards wants them to gel and get used to each other.
  • Options
    yep, same team as saturday please.

Finish it off in the first half and give a few others a run out in preparation for Stoke.

Charlton killing off a lower league team in the cup....

....ha ha ha
  • Options
    I'm expecting that I'm going to get very wet in the uncovered seated away end.
  • Options
    I think they have closed it gaffer
  • Options
    depending on how i feel come the close of play at work i may jump on a train up there from Paddington.

70 - 30 in favour of going home at the moment!
  • Options
    Few mates are going down there as well Large. Fair play, mad the lot of you !!

I'd swap McLeod for Todorov. He'd eb better suited for a wet miserable night against a lower league club IMO.
  • Options
    I'd go with predominantly the same side as Saturday - with a new team it's important to get some consistency and stability and you won't get that making four/five changes and then another few changes at the weekend.

Maybe I'd consider ZZ on the right or starting with McLeod.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm expecting that I'm going to get very wet in the uncovered seated away end.

Can't go now, got a ticket 'an all. Crises at work, system down till twelve, and a unconsiderate colleague off sick. Do I not like that. Volunteered to stay for brownie points. Never know when I may need a favour more. Plus getting soaked ain't my idea of fun !! Enjoy those who are going.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I think they have closed it gaffer

The home end is closed. The away end is uncovered.
  • Options
    Yep, we're gonna get very wet. 2-2 & out on pens (we're due to lose one on pens and I'd rather it was here than something important). Probably just a few tweaks to Saturday's team - McLeod in, maybe ZZ, and poss. even Chrissy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the open end is only being used if we sell the seats in the main stand.

900 if memory serves which I imagine will be more than double what is required.
  • Options
    if we can get through this one, i actually think we have the potential of a side that could have a little cup run.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]if we can get through this one, i actually think we have the potential of a side that could have a little cup run.[/quote]
    as long as we don't draw anything tough like scunthorpe away or wycombe at home! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]if we can get through this one, i actually think we have the potential of a side that could have a little cup run.

If this is a "Who am I" game, I'd say you're Alan Curbishley....