Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited June 19
    Have heard the name mentioned on here a few times, time will tell how good he is, hope he settles in quickly, welcome on board Josh.
  • 4 year deal
  • Seems very promising in theory at least, FBs/WBs are very important to the system Jones seems to prefer so hopefully it works out.

At the very least should provide cover or competition for Small which is a good thing as proper depth of options is something we've missed.
  • He's our new Mark Reid, now we just need a new John Humphries, unless the old one fancies a comeback.
  • Good to get this one done and announced, sounds like a very versatile left sided defender/midfield addition to the squad, maybe this could be the first of many now to be introduced to the fans COYR..👍
  • Sponsored links:

• I have really good feeling about this signing . I just hope he settles in well in London . 
  • Yay? Know nothing about him, apparently he's good but we've killed before. Good luck Josh, hopefully he's brilliant.
  • Why are they still playing without fans at the ground in Scotland, are there still COVID restrictions? 
  • 4 year deal

Yes 4 years but after the utter failure of Charlie Kirk to succeed after getting a long contract, there is a claus in the contract that states:

If Josh Edwards end up with an average of less than 6 on the Charlton Life players scores at the end of the 24/25 season his contract can be terminated. Mr Lancashire Lad will be the arbiter and his figures will be taken as gospel.

Harsh but fair.

Stay fit and strong Josh Edwards and make the step up from the lowly status of Scottish League 1 and Championship.

Please be more Mark Reid than a bad Penney 🤞🏻

Good luck to a successful 4 seasons and not just summer, autumn, winter and spring.
  • Happy with this one as well. COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• How is this man 24 years old? Dude looks at least 40

Bad Boys 2 Reggie animated gif
    The cold weather ages people badly.
  • edited June 19
    He looks like a bit of a unit. 
    I think he is just wearing a shirt that’s far too big for him 
  • Welcome aboard Josh! Looking forward to seeing you play, given we have had a few signings struggle to settle, slightly concerned to see him say “It’s a bit of a change of pace. I’m not a big city person to be perfectly honest. It will be a big change but I’m looking forward to it.” But ultimately happy to see us take a punt on someone a bit different and someone who was a top performer at his previous club as opposed to an outcast who was good a few seasons ago
  • Tbh I’ve absolutely no idea how the standard of the Scottish 2nd and 3rd tiers compare to us. 

Anyone know if he is a similar or different style of player to Thierry Small? As they’ll most likely be competing for the same spot 
  • Tbh I’ve absolutely no idea how the standard of the Scottish 2nd and 3rd tiers compare to us. 

Anyone know if he is a similar or different style of player to Thierry Small? As they’ll most likely be competing for the same spot 
    he looks fairly attacking from the clips but Cawley suggested he can play a few positions on the left. Looks a step up from Edun and played 36 games last season with 10
    goal involvements. 
  • edited June 19
    Welcome aboard Josh! Looking forward to seeing you play, given we have had a few signings struggle to settle, slightly concerned to see him say “It’s a bit of a change of pace. I’m not a big city person to be perfectly honest. It will be a big change but I’m looking forward to it.” But ultimately happy to see us take a punt on someone a bit different and someone who was a top performer at his previous club as opposed to an outcast who was good a few seasons ago
    I thought the same. Any other Scottish lads left in the squad now CMc and Fraser (probably) are gone? 
  • Fumbluff said:
    Do we employ Andy Scott for two meaningless paragraphs at the foot of each signing now?
    I guess it saves Nathan 20-seconds talk on each one….
    I expect the thing that has changed is that Jones has much more say on signings than previous managers. However I suspect that Scott still does most of the negotiation: with other clubs and agents. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Welcome aboard Josh! Looking forward to seeing you play, given we have had a few signings struggle to settle, slightly concerned to see him say “It’s a bit of a change of pace. I’m not a big city person to be perfectly honest. It will be a big change but I’m looking forward to it.” But ultimately happy to see us take a punt on someone a bit different and someone who was a top performer at his previous club as opposed to an outcast who was good a few seasons ago
    I thought the same. Any other Scottish lads left in the squad now CMc and Fraser (probably) are gone? 
    Terry Taylor