Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Edwards signs on a 4 year deal

Comments

• The signing to me seems fine. 

Building a squad is good but seems that of the 3 signings so far, 2 probably wouldn't even make a first 11?

So in effect it's only 1 signing to improve us on day one at the moment. 
  • Left back and Centre back. Herman 2.0
  • Scoham said:
    msomerton said:
    I take it he plays in the nationsp league Scotland.
    It is is a bit much if we are looking for players below the nationsl league south.
    Must be a cost cutting exercise.
    He was playing in the Scottish second tier.

We’ve paid a fee and given him a 4 year deal, you wouldn’t do either if you were cost cutting.

If we sell Alfie then our outgoings are offset by incoming transfer fees.
    Maybe, but I don’t think we’ll be decreasing our wage bill, and there will be  options out there we could pay lower wages to and put them on shorter contracts.
  • Welcome aboard Josh! Looking forward to seeing you play, given we have had a few signings struggle to settle, slightly concerned to see him say “It’s a bit of a change of pace. I’m not a big city person to be perfectly honest. It will be a big change but I’m looking forward to it.”
    New @Swisdom neighbour incoming…

:-) 
  • agim said:
    It makes you realise how long these transfers take. Berry and Edwards have been talked about for the best part of a month and only just got them over the line. I know they were away etc but still. Can't see the squad being complete by the 27th like Jones wants
    I think they'll be a lot quicker as preseason starts, people being away on holiday and agreeing to moves in principle but sorting all the details once back makes sense.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    msomerton said:
    I take it he plays in the nationsp league Scotland.
    It is is a bit much if we are looking for players below the nationsl league south.
    Must be a cost cutting exercise.
    He was playing in the Scottish second tier.

We’ve paid a fee and given him a 4 year deal, you wouldn’t do either if you were cost cutting.

If we sell Alfie then our outgoings are offset by incoming transfer fees.
    Maybe, but I don’t think we’ll be decreasing our wage bill, and there will be  options out there we could pay lower wages to and put them on shorter contracts.

It could be so, Berry will be on a reasonable salary but I imagine that Edwards will not be on big dough.
  • Welcome aboard Josh! Looking forward to seeing you play, given we have had a few signings struggle to settle, slightly concerned to see him say “It’s a bit of a change of pace. I’m not a big city person to be perfectly honest. It will be a big change but I’m looking forward to it.”
    New @Swisdom neighbour incoming…

:-) 
    At least there will be a vacant property for ole Josh to move into soon
  • Do we have any proof that @Swisdom is not running some kind of property ponzi scheme with our new players? Cause I will be fuming if Edwards is good and suddenly is off next summer 
  • The signing to me seems fine. 

Building a squad is good but seems that of the 3 signings so far, 2 probably wouldn't even make a first 11?

So in effect it's only 1 signing to improve us on day one at the moment. 
    Wouldn't necessarily say so. Mannion probably is a back up but Edwards might be utilised as the left CB of a 3, and Berry is one of 3 senior CMs one of which (Terry "Like A New Signing" Taylor) has question marks on fitness, so he's in by default at present.
  • He also plays in midfield
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 19
    clive said:
    Nice touch there by Josh in the video.
    I've no opinion as I've never seen him play (probably like 99% of us).
  • Redhenry said:
    He also plays in midfield
    LM no? Which we don't play (or haven't yet at least). 
  • Redhenry said:
    He also plays in midfield
    LM no? Which we don't play (or haven't yet at least). 
    Didnt we play it when we had Campbell and LuaLua last season?
  • Welcome Josh, bout time we signed a lumpy Scot to bolster the defence .. right age with a lot of consistent experience
  • Not a joke, but how tall is he as I couldn't find that info on the web?
    He’s 6 foot
  • Welcome.

No idea if it will work out but seems like a Jones choice, which is a good thing.

Nice shirt, well done whoever lent that to the club
  • Welcome aboard Josh! Looking forward to seeing you play, given we have had a few signings struggle to settle, slightly concerned to see him say “It’s a bit of a change of pace. I’m not a big city person to be perfectly honest. It will be a big change but I’m looking forward to it.” But ultimately happy to see us take a punt on someone a bit different and someone who was a top performer at his previous club as opposed to an outcast who was good a few seasons ago
    I think it’s ok to be honest, he knows where he’ll be happy so isn’t going to get a flat in Greenwich and discover he hates and become home sick 

• Worth noting that he played 32 games at left midfield last season, and only 8 at left back. Seemingly more of a midfielder? 
  • Welcome.

No idea if it will work out but seems like a Jones choice, which is a good thing.

Are the museum picking the shirts or is it the media team/ players choice? 
  • Welcome.

Are the museum picking the shirts or is it the media team/ players choice? 
    We make suggestions but its the Comms team choice
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 19
    I'm sure his position will change a few times. We might need to cash in on Small at some stage. We might want to play a left-footed Scottish midfielder in a 3 who can affect a game for the duration ;-)

Who was the last player we signed on a 4 year contract?
  • I'm going to stick my neck out & say I reckon he'll be playing mostly on the left of a 3 man defence. Small will be the left wing back. Replaces Thomas imo. 

Just home that he stays injury free. Only 24 but has played over 200 times so must be ok. 
  • Not had the time to read through all the threads on here, but what's with new players being paraded in "retro" kits?
  • Dunfermline forum pleased for him and rate him - they think we paid £85,000 for him
  • Not had the time to read through all the threads on here, but what's with new players being paraded in "retro" kits?
    I think it’s just a case of not having a new shirt to put them so rather than just a scarf, showcase some of the museums collection
    club shop are going to be selling replicas of old kits, this is to promote it. plus our kit isn’t out this year, much better than them wearing some
    kind of Charlton t shirt like we’ve seen in the past