Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Valiant 1000 - vol 2

Just to let you know that volume 2 is completed and the first supply of books is due from the printers in the next few days. All being well, they will be on sale in the Museum from Friday. It can also be found on Amazon, but not so far in the Club Shop......Still hoping!!
Thanks to everybody on Charlton Life who has provided help and encouragement, which has been greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Let us know when it is up on Amazon 
  • stonemuse said:
    Let us know when it is up on Amazon 
    It is on Amazon now.
  • got it cheers
  • stonemuse said:
    got it cheers
    Traitor

Should have bought it from the museum

:disappointed:  
  • Thanks for the heads up.  Santa has taken note.
  • stonemuse said:
    got it cheers
    Traitor

Should have bought it from the museum

:disappointed:  
    Sorry Ben 🤣
  • Do you have to have read the first part to be able to follow the story in this one ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Do you have to have read the first part to be able to follow the story in this one ? 
    No, you can guess the missing bits
  • I might just wait for "The Valiant 1500", which at this rate will be along in just a couple of years.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 7
    Just to add if anyone is going to search for it on Amazon, make sure to add 'The' before 'Valiant 1000', otherwise you get listings for fire tongs, ash vacumes (yes, really), stove fans, bellows, fire gauntlets and loads of other stuff that fit into the category of pyromaniac's dream.
  • Hopefully both books will be available in the Club shop soon. Will have copies in the Museum from this Friday.
  • Stig said:
    Just to add if anyone is going to search for it on Amazon, make sure to add 'The' before 'Valiant 1000', otherwise you get listings for fire tongs, ash vacumes (yes, really), stove fans, bellows, fire gauntlets and loads of other stuff that fitting into the category of pyromaniac's dream.
    wouldn't be without our ash vacuum, very handy it is.
  • Had a good look at the book today , excellent. Amazing how many players have played for us in recent years and I'd forgotten them already.
  • Excellent book.

I particularly love the detail of obscure Addicks links quoted. One example being how apparently Joe Ledley replaced Zheng Zhi at Celtic.
  • Got my copy yesterday. Another great effort from Ian @killerjerrylee
  • Both Vol 1 and the new Vol 2 are now for sale from both the Charlton Museum and the stall across the road from the Club Shop. Not yet from the Club Shop, though. Both outlets will have books before the Bolton match.
  • Impressive, is it paper only or a kindle/electronic edition? Also - are we up to 1,000 yet, thought that pinnacle hadn't been reached so far?
  • Hardback only. They are big, annual sized books and would not really work on kindle. The first two volumes contain biographies of 661 players. That is everyone alphabetically from A to O. At the moment, there have been 995 first team players, so we have not quite got to the 1000 yet, but will have obviously passed that landmark before volume 3 is completed.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am pleased to report that I have finally got the go ahead for both volumes of The Valiant 1000 to be sold in the Club Shop. It has been a long struggle to reach this point but will be delivering copies of both books to them tomorrow. It is nearly time to start your Christmas shopping!! 
    Great stuff ! 
  • Finally 
  • Great News KJL, it should never have been any other way. Let's hope the ridiculous Castore experiment is never repeated. It's our club shop nobody else's.