Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Interview advice

edited August 2007 in Not Sports Related
I've just been invited back for a second interview for a new job. I knew it was coming and had already told them that I was reasonably flexible and could make early mornings (before work), lunchtimes (as it's not too far away from where I am now) or early evenings (after work) on any day next week.

They have offered me 11am one day and 2pm on another.

Is it just me or are they taking the piss? I mean, how am I supposed to make those times without taking a hald day from my current job?

Comments

• Early/Late lunch for an appointment at the bank?
  • Checkin out how committed you are son.
  • i'm looking forward to being an interviewer next week, first time i've been on the other side.
  • edited August 2007
    Don't you have the dentist on that day mate?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I've just been invited back for a second interview for a new job. I knew it was coming and had already told them that I was reasonably flexible and could make early mornings (before work), lunchtimes (as it's not too far away from where I am now) or early evenings (after work) on any day next week.

They have offered me 11am one day and 2pm on another.

Is it just me or are they taking the piss? I mean, how am I supposed to make those times without taking a hald day from my current job?

Take the 2.00pm appointment Off_it but try & give the Pub a swerve though if you can mate :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Don't you have the dentist on that day mate? You wanted a new job, grow some nuts and tell your boss you have doctors or dentist mate.....

Boss, what boss mate? I AM the boss (well, sort of).

The point is that I have a very busy department to run, they want me to fill their vacancy (I've already got a job thanks!) I've been flexible with what I've offered them and they come back with that.

Yeah, I could take a late lunch or give it some flannel that I've got an appointment with the bank/dentist, but why should I have to? It's massively a candidates market in my particular field at the moment mate - and as I'm not using one of those parasitical agent types they know they are onto a winner!
  • stop blathering on.

just ring em back and say i did say i was flexible - I did actually mean out of office hours as im not in a position to leave my team running on its own. before/lunch/after work or nothing else. if its your market as you say then im sure they will accommodate.
  • standard really, you just have to get put of work one day - worth trying for an interview at 10 which is probably the best you could get.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Don't you have the dentist on that day mate? You wanted a new job, grow some nuts and tell your boss you have doctors or dentist mate.....

Boss, what boss mate? I AM the boss (well, sort of).

The point is that I have a very busy department to run, they want me to fill their vacancy (I've already got a job thanks!) I've been flexible with what I've offered them and they come back with that.

Yeah, I could take a late lunch or give it some flannel that I've got an appointment with the bank/dentist, but why should I have to? It's massively a candidates market in my particular field at the moment mate - and as I'm not using one of those parasitical agent types they know they are onto a winner!

Point taken. Well then don't belly ache to us, tell them exacty what you have posted, you will probably get a good response as they my view you as committed
  • Tell them to meet you in a hotel lobby at a time you set,thats what i have always done!never let them dictate to you or put you in a compromising situation
  • Sponsored links:

• If they think this is "testing you out" then they are probably a company full of twats like those on the Nat West TV ads, so best avoided. But they may have just got their wires crossed, so I would go along with Curb it and tell them when you are available, and if they can't be bothered to come in early, or give up their lunch, how committed are they?
  • "Blathering"
    "Belly aching"
    Nothing like the old community spirit!!!
    :o)
  • edited August 2007
    Agreed with algarveaddick
  • i'm just in shock that you're a boss !
  • I've not had an interview in over 20 years, how sad is that. (Still at work but should be in Swindon, well peed off !)
  • I think unless you are really sorted in life!the occasional interview is good practise for anytime you are really serious about making a career move!
    Years back i attended a course on interview techniques and have to say gave me a really good insight in what is expected from both parties
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I've not had an interview in over 20 years, how sad is that. (Still at work but should be in Swindon, well peed off !)

What? Why didn't you go to Swindon? Couldn't you have told them you had an interview? lol