Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre match beers

2»

Comments

• All these people that drink beers more than a 15 minute walk from The Valley have a better bladder than me.
    LOL....British Oak is 30+ minute walk but we often stopped of at the Bugle on the way to the ground.
  • UEAAddick said:
    The Plumstead Radical Club. Only two stops away on the train. 
    Shoooosh. 
    We don't want it overcrowded with rifraf. 
    It's bad enough letting Henry and his mob of hooligans in as it is.
    100% agree mate.
  • Thanks for the suggestions 
    So the general consensus is Royal Oak would be close, accommodate 7 idiots and has live sport on? 
  • Valley11 said:
    Thanks for the suggestions 
    So the general consensus is Royal Oak would be close, accommodate 7 idiots and has live sport on? 
    There is a TV but you can’t really watch it as it is in the top right hand corner as you enter.
    Bar staff have the best view.
    Your best bet is Crossbars/Fans Bar if there are 7 of you.
    You need a home ticket to enter.
  • O'Neils Blackheath and jump on the train, always a good booze
  • Valley11 said:

You'd be better off finding a boozer in Blackheath.  A bit expensive but a good option for watching the football and train service to Charlton.
  • Valley11 said:

You'd be better off finding a boozer in Blackheath.  A bit expensive but a good option for watching the football and train service to Charlton.
    Theres a lovely wine bar but not sure they show football.
  • Valley11 said:

Theres a lovely wine bar but not sure they show football.
    Do they do prawn sandwiches? 
  • edited October 17
    Valley11 said:

The Crown is very popular with Charlton fans now. I know both it and O’Neills have the early games on too.  Usually only a couple of trains an hour to Charlton though, so time it right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:
    Valley11 said:

The Crown is very popular with for Charlton fans now. I know both it and O’Neills have the early games on too.  Usually only a couple of trains an hour to Charlton though, so time it right. 

Then in the wine bar for the late afternoon game with @Radostanradical
  • edited October 17
    My routes:

If I'm approaching from North Greenwich: The Pilot for lunch then a walk along the river to the Anchor and Hope, then a jog/ bus for a quick pint in Crossbars. Great route. 

From Greenwich:  Gipsy Moth, Trafalgar Tavern, Cutty Sark, Pelton Arms then bus to the ground.  Potentially even better. 

Post match, a pint at the Cutty Sark as the sun sets over The Thames is hard to beat.  Makes losing to Blackpool a bit more manageable. 

If you're willing to walk a bit or use public transport, there is actually a great selection of pubs around TV which I think goes a bit unnoticed.  Some more near the ground would be great. 
  • UEAAddick said:
    The Plumstead Radical Club. Only two stops away on the train. 
    Three
    More if you get pissed up and go to the wrong platform 
  • TelMc32 said:
    Valley11 said:

The Crown is very popular with for Charlton fans now. I know both it and O’Neills have the early games on too.  Usually only a couple of trains an hour to Charlton though, so time it right. 

Just don't approach me whilst i enjoy a Chatueux cheval blanc 1997 whilst sneering at the peasantry enjoying their "CaRlinG and MaDRi"
  • TelMc32 said:
    Valley11 said:

Just don't approach me whilst i enjoy a Chatueux cheval blanc 1997 whilst sneering at the peasantry enjoying their "CaRlinG and MaDRi"

I'm not always in a Spoons, I paid £8 for this :'(
  • TelMc32 said:
    Valley11 said:

I'm not always in a Spoons, I paid £8 for this :'(
    Looks like that tap is linked straight to the urinal!! Ultimate recycling though 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻