Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Root Canal

Had it Wednesday, I’m still in loads of pain. Anyone else had one done and if so when did you’re pain subside. 

Comments

• I’ve had three and had no pain whatsoever. If they have taken all your nerve out of your tooth where is the pain coming from ? 
  • Had it once, one of the most painful things I’ve had done…lost count of the amount of injections I had, couldn’t give me anymore.

been told another tooth might need it, told them no chance, just take the tooth out 
  • Had 2, no pain after anaesthetic had worn off.  I would go back to dentist to get it checked out.  
  • ended up having the tooth pulled out rather then go down this route, and had an implant instead, which was pretty painless 
  • Had it done. Thought having my wisdoms out was worse.

Just remember having my mouth wide open for a really long time with root canal
  • I had one root canal and there was no pain.
  • had one earlier in the year, had mild jaw pain for a while after, I guess about 2 weeks

bloody agony having it done though, they had to keep topping up the anaesthetic 
  • Waiting for @DaveMehmet to comment. Root C anal.
  • i had a root canal treatment only a few weeks ago. No real issues afterwards. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I had a small swelling on the gum, had been there a while. Dentist took x-ray and proposed root canal work. It was not that bad. Trouble is though it did not cure the infection so it had to come out, and there was a bridge from the tooth next to it. When he extracted the tooth he found the root had been part broken and that’s where the infection was. Still waiting for the gum to settle down before getting implant done, dentist is sure gum is now all good, but eating on that side is difficult, and it’s a big gap. But anyway in my case the root canal work was not too bad. 
  • Pain from dental treatments shouldn’t last longer than a few days and week tops. After that I’d be seeking a follow up. 
  • Had it once, one of the most painful things I’ve had done…lost count of the amount of injections I had, couldn’t give me anymore.

been told another tooth might need it, told them no chance, just take the tooth out 
    Get it done under sedation and save the tooth? shouldn't feel a thing either just wake up when it's all over.
  • Had it done twice in the past 15 years and on both occasions no pain or issues during or after 
  • Had it once after I had an infected nerve. Honestly - the pain having it done was so bad I literally was screaming in pain in the chair. The woman on reception came in asked me to be quiet as I was scaring the patients and some were leaving.

what made it worse was the dentist doing it was seriously hot. So when I was so contorted in pain that I farted out loud and almost shit myself - it wasn’t my finest hour 
    Crying.

Its a bit like that at my physio, when he’s working on my knees I really can’t help but scream in pain.  It seems to encourage the sadist… and the doors are open so people are staring in nervous. 

I had root canal early this year no pain whatsoever during or after. 
  • Had it once years ago with no pain afterwards. 
  • Less painful than England's performance last week 😉
  • Great thread as someone who is terrified of dentists like I am.

Sounds like it's either a walk in the park or pant shitting agony. Brilliant. 
  • Huskaris said:
    Great thread as someone who is terrified of dentists like I am.

I’m also terrified of dentists and tend to only go when something hurts. 
    Last time I went was during covid when I got an abscess but it was cleared up with meds not poking with those bloody steel objects.
    i also had a temporary filling 10 years ago but it has gradually come out. There now a big hole so I’m going to have to go for a proper filling. I’m just going to waiting until it hurts….
  • Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:

Last time I went was during covid when I got an abscess but it was cleared up with meds not poking with those bloody steel objects.
    i also had a temporary filling 10 years ago but it has gradually come out. There now a big hole so I’m going to have to go for a proper filling. I’m just going to waiting until it hurts….
    Probably better to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Could end up as a much more complex bit or work such as a full root canal, sort of nip it in the bud kind of thing.

• I've found root canal treatment to be very uncomfortable and unpleasant, but not especially painful as the injections beforehand were very effective.

Afterwards there shouldn't be any pain, just a bit of short term tenderness, as the nerve has been removed.
  • Huskaris said:

Chicken.
  • Just my experience. Used to have an NHS dentist and to be honest only used it if really needed. Since moving to Yorkshire I’ve had to get a private dentist and now go for a check up twice a year, hygienist twice a year for a fee of £13 per month. If I need treatment then obviously that’s additional but using the service regularly has I think staved off any problems. I think looking after your gnashes regularly is really the best way forward.
  • Just become a Millwall fan and you won't have to worry about having teeth anyway.