Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dickson heading to Crewe

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
According to Crewe's official site Chris Dickson will sign a six month loan with them tomorrow. Good club for him to get experience with.

Comments

• Options
    With a call back at any time I believe
  • Options
    Good move, but six months sounds a bit excessive though.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Good move, but six months sounds a bit excessive though.

Doubt it would be six months. Loan rules in the Football League are different and the duration of a standard loan is the time between the transfer windows so either half a season or a full season. Recall only allowed in full season loans except for keepers in exceptional cirumstances.

There are also emergency loans for between 28 and 93 days. (don't blame me I didn't make these rules) when recalls are allowed after the first 28 days.

You can only have five loan players in your squad of 16 (something Leeds got wrong last year) and no more than four loans from one club.

You can have max 8 standard loans in a season but of these no more than 4 can be under 23. No more than 2 over 23 players can join from one club per season. (pay attention, there will be a test later). A player from overseas is not registered as a loan.

OK, carry on.
  • Options
    How many 23 yr olds can you have on loan?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Think this is a great move for the Boy & Charlton. If we want a club to mould a player on our behalf that play in a lower league, no better place than Crewe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]How many 23 yr olds can you have on loan?

3.1 recurring or Pi to the power of 10 depending on the day of the week.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]3.1 recurring or Pi to the power of 10 depending on the day of the week.
    Perhaps I'm being naïve but 93,648 would be an excessive number of 23 year olds imho.

(apart from Tuesdays of course)
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Think this is a great move for the Boy & Charlton. If we want a club to mould a player on our behalf that play in a lower league, no better place than Crewe.
    .. and he will still be playing for CAFC
  • Options
    Makes sense, I can't see him being a starter and anything more than an occasional sub while we have Todorov, Bent, McLoed, Varney and Iwulemo to choose from.
  • Options
    If it does turn out to be true then it's a good move. Good football club, time away from London, good coaching.

If he bangs in a few goals he's worth more than the £50k we paid for him straight away and will be an option for the second half of the season.

But let's wait for the official announcement (plus obligatory moan about the OS being slow) before packing his bags for him. He was meant to be going to Gillingham and Millwall as well according to various sources.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crewe definitely sounds like the best loan for him.

But whether he plays for Crewe - or even Millwall or Gillingham - it'll still be Division 1 (3rd tier).
    That's a good stepping stone in his dream coming true.

A year ago, Dicko was desperate to find a club, any club, that would give him a chance.
  • Options
    They were saying last night when Crewe were losing to Hull in the Carling Cup that they could do with Luke Varney back so we'll give them the next best thing in Chris Dickson. I would hope the loan would be until 31 December and then reviewed?
  • Options
    If Dickson has to go then Crewe is the best place for him.

Dario Gradi plays football the right way and will inculcate good habits.

(Danny Murphy was the exception that proves the rule!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]A year ago, Dicko was desperate to find a club, any club, that would give him a chance.

untill he met me and we started poo club!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If Dickson has to go then Crewe is the best place for him.

Dario Gradi plays football the right way and will inculcate good habits.

(Danny Murphy was the exception that proves the rule!)[/quote]

Dario Gradi is no longer manager at Crewe, he is now Technical director.
  • Options
    Still manager for this year:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=9025
  • Options
    I think he's the manager and Technical Director while Steve Holland is First Team coach.