Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v germany

Comments

• Options
    So the Volunteer from 4ish? Big pub, good beers by all accounts, decent food
  • Options
    I'll be around that way for about 3.00ish think Stu has half day as well, but he'll be suited & booted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Will probably head to the Irish bar round the corner from the main station from 3ish onwards!

Is that the one where you aren't allowed in if you're a neutral or the one that's a five minute walk away from there?!
  • Options
    I just told my brother he cant wear his england top and needs a shirt and tie, boy was he pissed off!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I just told my brother he cant wear his england top and needs a shirt and tie, boy was he pissed off!

You plastic corporate freeloaders ruin the game for us salt of the earth diamond geezers. I'll be wearing England Top & baseball cap refusing to act my age..!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I just told my brother he cant wear his england top and needs a shirt and tie, boy was he pissed off!

You plastic corporate freeloaders ruin the game for us salt of the earth diamond geezers. I'll be wearing England Top & baseball cap refusing to act my age..!

what 42?
  • Options

There's a dress code! Which part of ground?
  • Options
    You're a thug ketters! Typical english lout, i assume you will be findin a pub that serves a nice spot of red wine? ;-)
  • Options
    Is the match sold out or can you buy a ticket on the gate?
  • Options
    Think we are drinking at Great Portland Street, thought it wouldnt be as busy as Baker St.

Got our Estonia tickets today as well, woo hoo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am going with a mate who is a Leeds fan (doesn't like talking about football)
  • Options
    I'll be drinking at the Globe from 5pm, may change to a different bar on Baker Street if needs be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Will probably head to the Irish bar round the corner from the main station from 3ish onwards!

Is that the one where you aren't allowed in if you're a neutral or the one that's a five minute walk away from there?!

the one they didnt let us in until after the game!
    5mins my ass! :-)
  • Options
    It was a long five minutes!!

The doris in the car singing and dancing was ok though
  • Options
    Going to have a beer in the ground
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Going to have a beer in the ground

Are you mad ? That's gonna cost a fortune !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I just told my brother he cant wear his england top and needs a shirt and tie, boy was he pissed off![/quote]

There's a dress code! Which part of ground?[/quote]

I thought you always wore full evening dress with spats and top hat to games anyway Henry...
  • Options
    Will get my MD to pay then!LOL!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Going to have a beer in the ground[/quote]

Are you mad ? That's gonna cost a fortune ![/quote]
    How much is a pint my first time since we have been back
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Going to have a beer in the ground

Are you mad ? That's gonna cost a fortune !
    How much is a pint my first time since we have been back

Not sure exactly but more than at Charlton, better go to a pub instead. I know the Food prices are ridiculous inside the ground as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Ketman i will bear that in mind
  • Options
    £3.50 a pint, similar standard to a Charlton one. And £4.50 for a pie
  • Options
    Does anybody know how long it takes to get to wembley from north greenwich?
  • Options
    45 minutes
  • Options
    Ta
  • Options
    Firstly apologies to Mr Ketman, I did try and email you earlier, but it didn't seem to get to you in time.

Secondly, Paul Robinson is utter pish

Thirdly, Keiron Dyer is utter pish

Forthly, the German support tonight was top draw

Finally, piece of piss getting home
  • Options
    Rothko i agree on all the above points,i left about 8 mins to go and was back at north greenwich by 22.50.
    Sadly i drove up to Charlton village to get a take away and there was a group of louts who had obviously been in one of the pubs attacking one chap on his own in the middle of the street.Held all the traffic up in the village and seemed to go for a few mins!people did get out of cars to help but this little scum mob just abused them as well.The guy seemed to be holding his own and seemed to be ok.By the time i got to the chippy it was closed
    Makes me sick when ever England play a game against the likes of Germany the idiots put on their England tops go to a boozer and think it is their divine right to attack anyone when the boozer is shuting.
  • Options
    Atmosphere was better in the pub than the ground.

Fair play to the Germans, must have had 8000 there.

Just got a ticket for the Russia game this morning, dont know why I do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Firstly apologies to Mr Ketman, I did try and email you earlier, but it didn't seem to get to you in time.

Secondly, Paul Robinson is utter pish

Thirdly, Keiron Dyer is utter pish

Forthly, the German support tonight was top draw

Finally, piece of piss getting home

Was sat above the German support. Excellent noise and they were just about the only one's singing. "you ony sing when you winning" (in English) was very apt.

Poor defending for both goals, couldn't clear the first ball and were punished. England did create plenty of chances and it was a good game to watch if not very high class. I thought Smith looked out of his depth. Good move from Richards and good finish from Lampard for the goal

Nightmare journey there. Broken down train at Beckenham Junction, jumped on the London Bridge bound train which must have been the slowest train ever. Got to LB at 7.00. Jubillee line stop start stop start. Finally to Baker St and got a train through to Wembley Park. No signage for the club wembley seats and then got directed to the wrong row. Sat down and then Lampard scored. Excellent view and seats even if most of the corporates came back late from half time with their goodie bags from whoever was paying for them. Didn't make use of the champagne and seafood bar.

Left about the same time as Tavern (was on the same tube carriage) and police and tube staff seem to have it under control. Loads of trains. Went to change at Green park and Victoria Line was closed! Thought sod this and got a cab to Victoria (cabbie had been at the 66 final) and finally got home 11.25.

Good to see the ground but will wait for a freebie or a Charlton game before I go again.
  • Options
    If it was not for Mrs Medders giving us a lift home from Strood last night I would have made it home about 3.00am this morning instead of 1.45am so thanks once again to your wife Medders. Last train home from Victoria only four carriages, not going where it should be going, stopping for Bus Service at Strood FFS sort it out South East Trains.

Thought the Germans fans & team were different class.