Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prediction 4 1st Premier league manger to be sacked.

2»

Comments

• From the moment he was promoted I thought Sammy Lee would be lucky to make it to Christmas, Tottenham sacking Jol would be hilarious!

Curbs won't be given much grace if the Spam end up in the lower echelons of the table come end of November
  • Agree, Spurs have had problems making the right decisions over the years, in terms of going to that infamous "next level." They finally began to put everything in place by making the right decisions at the right times. How galling was that? I so hope they cock this up with knee jerk decisions that result in them getting back to the good ole Spurs we know and love: clueless!
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]sammy lee............ another club who took premiership status for granted when they had a great manager they'll soon realise the grass isn't always greener but they might be able to look forward to winning more exciting matches in the championship and rebuild the club as half their staff are made redundant;-(

I know I'm a bit late getting to this thread but Jesus Oohahh, give it up mate, you seem to make a negative post about the club but praising Curbishley about twice a day.

Curbs was great.....until about 3 years before he left at which point he inflicted upon us some of the most excruciatingly dull Saturday afternoons I've ever had the misfortune to spend. There were times when it seemed more appealing to go to Bluewater with the missus!

On top of that he never really developed any kind of affinity with the fans and for those last 3 years didn't seem like his heart was really in it either. Obviously we'll never know but I honestly think he'd have struggled to keep us in that division last year too, the squad he left us with was dire and we'd been in relegation form for the prior 6 months anyway.

He will rightly be remembered as a legend when the time comes but right now I'm just glad he's not here any more and add to that the fact that he's West Ham's manager and has already had a dig or two at us fans and I can see exactly why a few of us aren't going to continue to worship at the temple of Curbishley.

I appreciate that someone will now tell me they've been going for 74 years and seen it all and I'm taking it for granted and that's a view that they're very much entitled to but I've lived a few seasons of mid-table second tier mediocrity and never had to question my love of the club or felt so dispassionately (to the point of barely caring whether we won or lost some weeks) as I did at the end of Curbishley's reign.

I'm glad he's gone and there's no league position, points tally or budget projection comparison you can hurl at me that will make me feel otherwise.......and I know I'm not alone on this.

So yeah, some of us will be putting a positive spin on the relegation and that's because despite being a bit of a debacle, last season saw me reaffirm my faith in the Addicks. Obviously I didn't want us to get relegated but I felt like the club regained some of the old character I fell in love with and I started to feel a pang of excitement about watching us play again rather than the sheer numbness induced by the latter Curbs years. And that to me is far more important than the division we're playing in.
  • Jol's just had a vote of confidence, so he's safe then ;-)
  • sorry PITL but it is all about opinions and yours differ significantly to mine.... i don't know what curbs' dig at the fans was but if it was about our away support i think he has a valid point
  • Valid or not, it was uncecessary.

Think you've sumed things up prettey well there PITL.
  • most people thought he wouldn't be able to keep west ham up last season either.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]most people thought he wouldn't be able to keep west ham up last season either.[/quote]

Tevez's extraordinary form kept them up, not much to do with Curbs.
  • pardew had him for the first half of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• News this morning is Ramos turned the spuds down
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]pardew had him for the first half of the season.

yeah but he was in bad form it was just a coincidence that he turned it around later on in the season....
    remember at other clubs when a player plays bad it's the managers fault and when he plays good it's cos he's a good player....but at charlton if a player plays bad it's the players fault and if he plays well the managers got the best out of him;-)
  • Pitl - great post, agree with nearly all of that.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]sorry PITL but it is all about opinions and yours differ significantly to mine.... i don't know what curbs' dig at the fans was but if it was about our away support i think he has a valid point

Yep, that's completely true and you're very much entitled to your opinion but Curbs has been gone for a year now, he's not coming back and he manages a rival London club so maybe it's time to get over it and get behind the manager we've got now.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]most people thought he wouldn't be able to keep west ham up last season either.

cant we just get behind pardew he IS charlton manager, and curbs is in the past, stop harping on about curbs this and curbs that, he aint our manager anymore, and never will be.

and it wasnt curbs that kept west ham up, it was down to pure luck with a goal that wasnt, an illegal player who was in fantastic form (just look at him now! fat and crap whlst manure languish in the bottom of the table reminding me of when pards was at at westham when tevez was fat and rubbish!)

Curbs is not our manager any more! end of get over it
  • i am always 100% behind the charlton manager and always want him to do great.
  • two into one won't go:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/08/21/two_into_one_wont_go_for_the_s.html
  • no one called mourinho .... could he be new spurs manager???
  • bye bye mourinho, bye bye mourinho.

ha ha ha