Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travel money

edited August 2007 in Not Sports Related
Do any of you lads and ladies know the best place to change pounds to euro's? I'm confused.

Comments

• Options
    a bureau de change maybe?
  • Options
    any bank or post office normally
  • Options
    Marks and Spencers normally have a very good rate...try there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Marks and Spencers normally have a very good rate...try there.

i always get my foreign currency from marks and sparks these days...
  • Options
    Can recommend 2 very good places nr Victoria Stn . Excellent rates, No Comm'n , if you're around that way
  • Options
    One in strand too.....www.tegforex.co.uk
  • Options
    Not up town but might be tomorrow. Cheers for all the suggestions, i would have never thought of going to Marks and Sparks.
  • Options
    If you in town, worth heading for Strand :
    www.tegforex.co.uk sell EUR 1.445 / M&S 1.416
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    If you are near the City, I promise you won't get a better deal than at City Forex

www.cityforex.co.uk/

Otherwise Marks is better than the banks - also Nationwide credit cards are good for using abroad since they are the only ones that don't charge you commission and load the exchange rates. Also if you have a Nationwide credit card you can get cash commission free from foreign ATMs.

money.guardian.co.uk/creditanddebt/creditcards/story/0,1456,1269346,00.html
  • Options
    Marks and Spencers are the best..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My favourite charlton Director runs an FX company and although he doesn’t deal in cash for travel he does do money transfers for individuals and businesses and if you are a Charlton fan he guarantees to give you a better rate than you could get anywhere else.

How about that?
  • Options
    name dropper! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]If you are near the City, I promise you won't get a better deal than at City Forex

www.cityforex.co.uk/

Otherwise Marks is better than the banks - also Nationwide credit cards are good for using abroad since they are the only ones that don't charge you commission and load the exchange rates. Also if you have a Nationwide credit card you can get cash commission free from foreign ATMs.

money.guardian.co.uk/creditanddebt/creditcards/story/0,1456,1269346,00.html

Salad, thanks for that. CityForex rates are better than M&S plus they deliver free in the City !!