Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool away allocation

An uncovered 1,890.

Really not impressed by the uncovered bit :-(

Comments

• The uncovered bit is called the spion kop east stand,And you won't be that impressed with the 3 sided ground, it used to be a real dump,but some improvements have been made over the last 20 years or so, still there's plenty of really good pubs and fish and chip shops on the sea front,but beware the old bill are really strict on any Drunk fans trying to get in?
  • You don't get that many drunks amongst us Valley Gold.
    I hope the fixture is during the illumination season, Oct/Nov.
  • I remember playing football on the beach when we last played up there. It's walking distance to the ground. Looking forward to going up there again next season. Only potential problem is getting tickets for this one (and Colchester and Scunthorpe). Brings up the thorny issue of who should get first dibs on these tickets. Sorry VG members, but tickets MUST go to those who regularly travel away first. I know ticket priorities is a popular discussion item on this site.
  • oh dear it's that old chestnut rising again!
  • Yes. I know. Sorry, but it's important if you don't get a ticket.
  • quote: but beware the old bill are really strict on any Drunk fans trying to get in?

That's half our support not getting in then!!
  • I should have an ace up my sleeve for this one to get round the valley gold thing.

Hopefully!!

I think something should be done to allow more priority to regular travellers though who are not in VG.
  • I'd be surprised if they sold out, especially if it's in the winter months.....unless there's 'operation golden mile'
  • There will be a lot of clubs the police will want to keep away from Blackpool during the attractive dates in the season, we won't be one of them.
  • Blackpool, bank holiday weekend..........correct me if i am wrong but didnt we win the championship in Blackburn on bank holiday monday the last time we came up
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't think Blackpool is too many Valley Golder's idea of big day out.
    Those who want to go shouldn't have too much difficulty getting tickets.
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Don't think Blackpool is too many Valley Golder's idea of big day out.

you must be joking !!

the illuminations, bingo, trams, ice cream, 70s comedian, it sounds like Valley Gold heaven to me !!!
  • and they have the eiffel tower there.
  • has any of you ever been to blackpool, its a hole, worse than paris, and thats saying something!

last time i went there, it was a stag do, 25 of us, and sharing a hostal thing with 25 celtic fans (infact one poor bloke was rangers, did he get stick or what) and we all hung together, as they were safe, but still had groups of northern mugs wanting a ruck! not very nice!
  • Agreed Ol the place is a toilet, but a toilet with lots to do!!

I wouldn't take the kids there but as a long weekender with the lads it does what it says on the tin
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]has any of you ever been to blackpool, its a hole, worse than paris, and thats saying something!

i totally agree,the place is a proper toilet.not a great night out by any stretch.i have been a few times and each time trying to convince myself that we were just unlucky.avoid this hell hole,unless you are 17 and in that case you will have a great time.

stay in liverpool or manchester instead.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Agreed Ol the place is a toilet, but a toilet with lots to do!!

I wouldn't take the kids there but as a long weekender with the lads it does what it says on the tin

didn't know you had kids!
  • Neither did I!!

Don't think my tone came across quite right there Suz!!

I wouldn't take anyones kids there for that matter!!
  • had my stag weekend there, cracking laugh.

not definative, but its the same as anywhere. If you go looking for trouble, you'll find it. If you don't you'll be fine.

can't wait !
  • [cite]Posted By: SXAddick[/cite]Yes. I know. Sorry, but it's important if you don't get a ticket.

i totally agree with you mate but others don't and we've had it so many times before, it's not worth the bother!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]had my stag weekend there, cracking laugh.

not definative, but its the same as anywhere. If you go looking for trouble, you'll find it. If you don't you'll be fine.

can't wait !

dude, you cant say i was looking for trouble, i aint trouble, and i am weed too, so i wouldnt gob off! Even if i was with a few mates that defo have a row no worries! but i wouldnt start something i couldnt finish myself! We had to avvoid loads of agro! The sweaties had a mahoosive ruck with a bunch from somewhere like manchester! and they wanted it with us cos of our london accents, they were calling us london c****s, nice place that!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]has any of you ever been to blackpool, its a hole, worse than paris, and thats saying something!

last time i went there, it was a stag do, 25 of us, and sharing a hostal thing with 25 celtic fans (infact one poor bloke was rangers, did he get stick or what) and we all hung together, as they were safe, but still had groups of northern mugs wanting a ruck! not very nice!

thank gawd, someone else who agrees Paris is a hole.
  • MCSMCS
    edited June 2007
    dude, i'd say the same myself!! its a foookin hole alright!
  • went about 8 years ago for a stag, the place is a dump...nowhere would let a group of London lads in and the one place that did we stayed all night.

Agree on the trouble side, you don't have to go looking for it up there...
  • As a member of Valley Gold, I will gladly give up my ticket for this match. Blackpool is a cesspit. fact - locked on etc.

I went there for the final match back in ?? when we were finally relegated to Division 3. We lost 4-0 and I think Bob Stokoe was the manager.

I have since had to work there on several occasions and absolutely hated the place; tat and tacky in an understatement.
  • passed through blackpool early 1 sunday morning. pavements littered with kebabs, sick, kebabsick, broken bottles, blood etc.
    first impression led me to never go back there.

will probably stay a few miles outside blackpool and take the golf clubs. drive up for footie sat, then beers, up early sunday 18 holes then home. (or maybe stay over on sunday aswell).

then again you know its gonna be a tuesday night in january, whilst i'm still paying for xmas).
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]passed through blackpool early 1 sunday morning. pavements littered with kebabs, sick, kebabsick, broken bottles, blood etc.

Sounds like Bexleyheath!
  • MCSMCS
    edited June 2007
    mate, bexleyheath has nothing on this crap hole! cess pit best sums it up for me!
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Blackpool, bank holiday weekend..........correct me if i am wrong but didnt we win the championship in Blackburn on bank holiday monday the last time we came up
    yeah you're right and we only sold 1100 or so tickets for that so 1890 will be plenty although with new ground's we tend to have a reasonable following ...still if we both stay up, there'll be plenty of room at blackpool the season after ;-)
  • I will bunk in if i have to