Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today's transfer suggestions - Gary O'Connor and Mark Noble

edited May 2007 in Rumours
Locomotiv Moscow Scottish striker, looking to get back to the British game.

Cheaper version of McBride, strong and leads the line well.

Comments

• What??? Did you watch the game last night? He was poor. He's worse than Marcus Bent!
  • I think we need to look at other areas before any more strikers personally.

a quality CM must surely be our priority now (not sure where one is gonna come from mind you)
  • If Curbs has a big spend up this Summer, Mark Noble would be a great option.
  • I said that a while ago to a few mates and it got shot down. Glad someone else agrees with me.
  • noble wont go anywhere. he is a proper hammer, and better than reo coker in my opinion. he wont go anywhere.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]noble wont go anywhere. he is a proper hammer, and better than reo coker in my opinion. he wont go anywhere.[/quote]

So by the sounds of that he aint going anywhere
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]noble wont go anywhere. he is a proper hammer, and better than reo coker in my opinion. he wont go anywhere.

Agreed, he was very good for them in the run-in and the Spammers would go mad if he were sold and he probably would not come anyway.

Maybe a loan deal if they bring in Parker and a couple of other midfielders?
  • Nope Curbishley loves him.

We have Josh Wright who is Reserve Team Captain and Pardew has already quoted about him when he signed a new deal.

We need an experienced player next to him but don't forget we have Reid and Walton who could easily do a job in the CCC along with Faye (rubbish but good enough I guess), Hughes (same as faye yet feel he could score a few more) and Matty Holland.

We are going to end up quite short on wingers with Thomas, Romm look likely to leave. We have that Danish kid yet we don't know how good he is yet. Weston spent a year on loan last season.

I think a decent right back is needed in replacement of Luke Young. CB are OK. Bougherra will be quality and if Diawara Stays then thats a good partnership in the CCC. Fortune was good at Stoke and we will probably need another CB for cover.

Strikers: JFH, Lisbie are rumoured to have contracts terminated. Darren Bent is wishful thinking. Being realistic that leaves us with

Varney
    Iwelumo
    Marcus Bent (hope not)
    Dickson
    Walker

I feel if Marcus gets sold we will be looking for another. If he doesn't then I wouldn't be suprised if we just got a loan signing to Xmas while Dickson and Walker find thier feet.