Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Davies - Yeovil Winger

edited May 2007 in Rumours
Watched this guy V Forest and Blackpool in the play offs. Capped for Wales @ U21's and looks very good. Great with both feet and just does not stop running. He's another one we should be looking to get in. We'd snap him up for 500K. Anyone else see him?

Comments

• He was the only Yeovil playing putting it about at Wembley.
  • a few years in the prem has led me to know absolutely nothing about lower teams players.

first few months are going to be a real learning curve
  • edited May 2007
    Didn't we get Cyril Davies from Yeovil? Or was that Dick Plumb?

Senility is setting in!
  • Yeovil are one my 'local' sides, so i've seen and heard quite a bit about him. He's a decent player with a good engine and an eye for goal - especially from distance (He scored against us in the cup game a few years back).

Having said that, I don't think he's up to playing for a side striving to be at the top end of the Championship.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]a few years in the prem has led me to know absolutely nothing about lower teams players.

first few months are going to be a real learning curve

as long as we're in with a shout, i suspect next season could well turn out to be a rejuvenating breath of fresh air for us all...
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Didn't we get Cyril Davies from Yeovil? Or was that Dick Plumb?

Senility is setting in!

You beat me too it, Len!
    "Cyril, Cyril Davies, Cyril Davies on the wing......"

You'll no doubt recall back in 1970 or 71 we bought Cyril Davies from Yeovil (then non-league) to replace Scotland u-23 midfielder Alan Campbell, who went off to Birmingham for £70,000 (to pay the wages - we were definitely a selling club then).

While he was with us, Cyril - a bit of an Alan Campbell lookalike - went on to play for Wales u-23, not a bad step up for a previously non-league player before wrecking his knee and disapearing never to be seen again.

Dickie Plumb we also signed from Yeovil about the same time, a lean rangy centre forward with curly blonde hair, his speciality was the diving header and hitting the post more times than other player I can remember.
  • Sod Davıes sıgn Wes Hoolıhan he was top class.
  • Cyril Davies was the groundsman for Roan School and looked after the pitches at Kidbrooke Park Road for many years.Could still be there now for all I know.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Cyril Davies was the groundsman for Roan School and looked after the pitches at Kidbrooke Park Road for many years.Could still be there now for all I know.

What.....OUR Cyril Davies, Charlton legend? ;-)
  • Yes definitely.It was my school.