Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are Northerners More Friendly than Southerners?

13»

Comments

• They were a Northerner, Greg ..... that's why they apologised to you.

;o)
  • I think if you've spent your entire life in the South and never really ventured north of Watford for long periods of time then i don't you will ever know how much more friendly people are in the north.

When you say South - what area are you including in that?
  • edited September 2011

I think if you've spent your entire life in the south and never really ventured north of Watford for long periods of time then i don't think you will ever know how much more friendly people are in the north.

• Curb-it, when i say north i also mean the Midlands as well. 
  • Curb-it, south meaning everything below the Midlands - London, Kent, Essex, Surrey etc

• I went to a bar in Brighton once, could not believe how friendly everyone in there was.
  • Its been said before and I'll say it again - I don't want to talk to strangers!  I couldn't think of anything worse than forced conversation with my neighbours!  When I sit on the bus I don't want the person next to me telling me about their day!  I couldn't care less!  

Up north sounds like a total f'ing nightmare!
    Exactly
  • Curb-it, south meaning everything below the Midlands - London, Kent, Essex, Surrey etc

and you include little villages in Cornwall, Dorset, Devon etc in that south comparison?

No where can be compared to London, its a stonking great big city
  • My dad was born and bread in Deptford, lived on New Cross Road. He then lived in Welling where i was born. His company moved to Sheffield and with two kids he couldnt afford to be unemployed, so he moved North. My mum still says, at the time it was a massive wrench and they both agreed, they'd give it 6-12 months and if they didn't like 'oop north', they'd go back. they never did and still wouldn't. my dad swapped a 10 mile journey to the city taking an hour and a half to a similar journey taking 20-30 minutes on the bus in rush hour. Sheffield doesn't have half of the ammenities that a capital city has and it isn't as good as Leeds or Manchester according to many, but it has a charm that you would only notice if you lived there. according to research, more people stay in Sheffield after finishing university, than any other university town in the uk. the money isn't as good, but the standard of living is better, for graduates. you can still buy a nice semi in leafy suburbia for £150k with good local schools. Tell me where in the south of england you can buy a decent family house for that, with good local schools and i'd consider it myself!

i'm not knocking London, i was born there, it's just i couldn't afford to live there.
  • of course northerners are more polite they are too thick to be rude
  • Sponsored links:

• I couldn't afford to live anywhere else. Would have to take at least 50-60% pay cut.
  • edited September 2011
    Another Hale and Pace sketch. Brilliant, especially the line "..come down't to this nancy southern eat'any to be lipped off by some lip merchant who's got more lip than Mick Jagger with a fat lip". 

• seems to me that northerners have more spending power that us, for instance on holiday there is always loads more from north, and they seem to be more pissed more of the time,