Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays - villa rentals

edited September 2011 in Not Sports Related

Thinking of renting a good quality villa with pool in either Portugal, Spain or Greece next year.

Can anyone recommend a good company/agent?

Comments

• shame you said good quality. Rented a nice rustic villa this summer in the Paphos hills. Very quiet little stone cottage, nice quiet village, own pool, fantastic views, slept two (plus possibly two on a sofa bed), only £250 pw in July. Will be going again sometime. 

• About 40 min drive from Malaga airport
    We rented this place two weeks ago and it is fantastic, can totally recommend
    We were gutted about coming home and will def be renting this place again

• There is a lifer with a villa in Spain I think? Has an offer on it connected to our points total

• Jamesvillas are ok or try independantly via owners direct, holidaylettings or holidayrentals.co.uk
  • http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/

Best company by far, and the widest choice. Without knowing your budget, you can look at

• Bartle Holidays in Menorca is who we used last two years. Some lovely villas, not sure of your budget though.

• Any ideas for this Christmas New year somewhere warm - canaries? would be most welcome
    So many rentals arent available over Christmas
  • http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/

Best company by far, and the widest choice. Without knowing your budget, you can look at

Don't get me wrong - I do use this site and it has good prices and a good selection - but please be aware that it's not a holiday company just a web-based site for owners to advertise their properties.  You deal with and pay the owner direct, there's no ATOL/ABTA protection.  If you are happy with that go for it.  If you tap in www.homeaway.com you go through to the same website but with US villas coming up as the home page.

I've used www.solmarvillas.com a few times and they've been reliable and are both ATOL and ABTA members.  James Villas too are fine and actually pulled out all the stops on a Greek holiday earlier this year when Ryanair (useless morons) cancelled the flight citing the Greek National Strike.  James Villas managed to get us on an alternative flight with Monarch albeit a bit later in the day but at very short notice.

• Said it before but I have a lovelly village house to rent in the middle of Andalucia. It is in a white village with a Moorish castle and set in a national park half way up a mountain. Check it out http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S15761.htm its perfect if you like history, walking, exploring and getting away from other tourists. I would highly recommend autumn or spring. £100 off for all lifers.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have used owners direct as well for holidays in Italy and France and have found both of them to be great
  • thanks for all the tips lifers.
  • If you end up in Portugal, make sure it's near Albufeira so you can pop in for a few sherberts with us at Floyd's... :-) 
  • We normally book last minute with either Solmar Villas or James Villas. This year we got a 4 bed villa in Majorca £200 for the week with Solmar. Last year it was James and we got a 5 bed villa for £240 for the week. Both in June
  • Got a mate with a 6-bed place in Torrox, Spain - PM me if you're interested. He's just had air con fitted!
  • Hardy

Try

www.goldentriangleproperties.com

I have stayed at Palmyra resort on 4 occasions... Very nice... Don't just accept the suggested price, make an offer. The villas are very good too
  • For UK holidays (I know that wasn't the original question) you can't get better than Helpful Holidays, who cover the West Country. They've got some absolutely fantastic places.
  • Off-it. Have used Helpfull Holidays a number of times. They are very good.
  • We normally book last minute with either Solmar Villas or James Villas. This year we got a 4 bed villa in Majorca £200 for the week with Solmar. Last year it was James and we got a 5 bed villa for £240 for the week. Both in June
    good deals. do you book the villa and then try to get flights?