Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship transfer list

Use this thread to list confirmed signings from other Championship clubs

Burnley - Palace keeper Gabor Kiraly

Comments

• Mart Poom - Arsenal to Watford (free)
    Luke Varney - Crewe to Charlton (£2m)
    Chris Iwelumo - Colchester to Charlton (free)
  • edited May 2007
    darren bent - charlton to ?????????
  • didn't realise Watford had signed Poom. Could certainly of done a job for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]didn't realise Watford had signed Poom. Could certainly of done a job for us.

if it was a choice between us and watford, i doubt we would have got him.
    watford and arsenals training grounds are seperated by a hedge.
  • billy sharp to just about everyone
  • Ha ha!

Ipswich have made an improved offer for Blackburn striker Francis Jeffers after having a £350,000 bid turned down.

Town chairman David Sheepshanks confirmed on the club website: "We have been in contact with Blackburn and made a second offer for Franny."

The 26-year-old Jeffers scored four goals in nine appearances while on loan at Ipswich last season.

And the former Everton and Arsenal forward made it clear that was keen on a permanent move to Portman Road.

Jeffers joined Blackburn on a two-year deal in July 2006 but has struggled to hold down a first-team place.
  • Albion boss Tony Mowbray is ready to shuffle his striking pack this summer - as Charlton weigh up a move for Nathan Ellington.

The Addicks are expected to lose England striker Darren Bent following their relegation from the Premiership. And with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink also on the move, Athletic boss Alan Pardew is desperate to strengthen his strikeforce.

It is understood Ellington, who has a house in London, is on their radar of possible replacements as they look to bounce back at the first attempt.

Ellington has only been a bit-part player under Mowbray and has made most of his appearances from the bench, including a brief cameo in Monday’s play-off final defeat by Derby.

Readers Comments:

This story has sparked 4 comments so far. What’s your view?

rog m said: May 31st, 2007 at 12:14 pm Hand the money over Charlton good bye nathan i suppose when he gets there he’ll score every game not like he does at the Baggies couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo.

Baggie John said: May 31st, 2007 at 12:30 pm If you can get Pardews address I’ll take him to Charlton, just pay my petrol money. Must be one of the biggest under achievers we have ever bought. Rare flashes of brilliance but a waste of a shirt for a lot of the season. Should have let him go back to Wigan when 3M was mentioned cant see us getting anywhere near that amount now

rugby baggie said: May 31st, 2007 at 12:39 pm have to agree with rog m ,he didnt want to be there in the first place.should have have got rid in the january sales.

Steve said: May 31st, 2007 at 12:51 pm Why has Ellington got a house in London? Are you sure? Came from Wigan, been at West Brom for 2 seasons, why London?
    We didnt see the best of Ellington but selling to a club in the same league? He will probably cause us problems next season.

Lee said: May 31st, 2007 at 1:05 pm Nathan - If you have any transport problems give me a call.

I’ll willingly drive you to Charlton myself
  • Didnt jeffers go on a free the cheeky blighters!
  • I see that Celtic are going to let Marshall go and he's likely to end up at Norwich.

Now I haven't seen that much of him apart from CL, but he has looked pretty decent when I have... Shouldn't we be in for him? That is unless Super Al has something lined up that is....
  • Sponsored links:

• Fulham this morning table a £2.25m double bid for QPR's Lee Cook and Ray Jones
  • Heard that QPR have told them £5m for Cook alone
  • Barnsley have signed Kayode Odejayi, from cheltenham for 200k.
  • http://home.skysports.com/transfers.aspx?cpid=10
  • About Poom, he was interviewd in Estonian press and he said that we also offered him a contract as our number 2 keeper. pay was the same as watford, but they promised he'd be their number 1. As he's getting on, he wanted to play and not sit on the bench like he'd been doing at Arsenal. Fair enough, really. but it begs the question as to who our #1 keeper will be?
    does the management know something that we don't?
  • [cite]Posted By: Riga Addick[/cite]About Poom, he was interviewd in Estonian press and he said that we also offered him a contract as our number 2 keeper. pay was the same as watford, but they promised he'd be their number 1. As he's getting on, he wanted to play and not sit on the bench like he'd been doing at Arsenal. Fair enough, really. but it begs the question as to who our #1 keeper will be?
    does the management know something that we don't?

Sounds like we have an agreement in place with someone then, but cant announce it until 1st of July
  • cheers Riga.

like Dan suggests, i think the keeper situation has already been agreed.
  • Carson on loan for another year?
  • [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]Carson on loan for another year?

no, but expect a similar deal.
  • edited June 2007
    AFKA, when you say expect a similar deal, i'm going to assume you mean Carson is signing a 5 year deal!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2007
    Are you ITK then? ;-)
  • edited June 2007
    Sadly no. I expect another season long loan, but not Carson.
  • edited June 2007
    I never believed Carson would drop to ccc, even on loan but we might stand a chance of getting the new arsenal keeper, especially if they're interested in baby bent.
  • didn't carson play in the championship with sheff wednesday ?...also, you would think he'd like a settled spell somewhere and where better than the club who's supporters have just voted you player of the year ?
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]didn't carson play in the championship with sheff wednesday ?...also, you would think he'd like a settled spell somewhere and where better than the club who's supporters have just voted you player of the year ?

ltgtr, i would go mental if Carson came, even on loan, but after last year's performances he won't be short of offers, and if he wants to keep his profile on the rise, he'll stay in the prem. if he does come back this season i would vote him player of the year before the season even started!
  • Leicester - Bruno N'Gotty and Danish keeper Jimmy Neilson
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]I see that Celtic are going to let Marshall go and he's likely to end up at Norwich.

Now I haven't seen that much of him apart from CL, but he has looked pretty decent when I have... Shouldn't we be in for him? That is unless Super Al has something lined up that is....

Super Al doesn't rate any players in Scotland - he told me so. (Obviously he overlooked the fact that Iwelumo is Scottish...)
  • Watford - Jobi McNuff from some team that play in stripes
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]didn't carson play in the championship with sheff wednesday ?...also, you would think he'd like a settled spell somewhere and where better than the club who's supporters have just voted you player of the year ?[/quote]

Yes, yes he did!
  • edited June 2007
    Rachubka to blackpool.