Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Problems posting.

edited October 2011 in Troubleshooting

For the last day or so I am having a problem posting in other threads, strangely enough I'm having no problem posting this, is that because I'm starting a new discussion I wonder?

Each letter takes about 5 seconds to appear and it's like watching an ancient slowed up vidi-printer....anyone else having this problem?

Some threads are easier to post in than others as well..........totally bizzare!

Comments

• It happens to me when my old steam-driven laptop is struggling, fan whining, too many windows open, etc

Think you'll find it's your own PC that'sthe culprit, SoundAs?
  • Bloody Charlton supporters, always slating their own fans
  • Bloody Charlton supporters, always slating their own fans
    Quoi....?
  • Yeah....I didn't understand that post either?
  • Oggy said his fan was whining in his laptop. Bit of a joke. Not a great one evidently
  • Arrrrrrrrrr yeah right oh Gary!!
  • Whoooooooosh! ....... went right over my head, Manilow.

Obviously need to get out more!
  • Wrote a long post on the "charlton fans today" thread but It didnt get on as discussion was closed while I was posting. Why? Censorship - are we not allowed to critise our own fans for disgraceful behaviour. Not happy!

• Or maybe that's the way it always is... Match thread closed at end of the match and post match views thread opened.
  • On the other hand, since the inception of the 'new' CL I have had great difficulty in starting new discussions and have given up several times. Thank God for that I hear you cry, but as of last week everything seems to be working o.k. Someone pushed a button somewhere? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm still having problems today.......it must be Vanilla because I'm OK with everthing else on my pooter.

Would appreciate a comment from Admin before I start paying out for someone to come in and try to suss it out. i.e.  is this a problem they have encountered before or is it likely to be something wrong at my end.........I have no idea?

• I can access the site on my PC and IPad but my iphone just says HOVER - This user has not enabled any redirections.
  • Couple of my postings have disappeared and, for some reason, I have 6 "My Drafts" posts, but all of them have been posted:
    Probably just Me again (sorry) but how can I delete "My Drafts" ?
  • drafts the new whispers
  • Couple of my postings have disappeared and, for some reason, I have 6 "My Drafts" posts, but all of them have been posted:
    Probably just Me again (sorry) but how can I delete "My Drafts" ?

Admin PLEASE can I have a short answer as to whether this is a problem you are aware of from other users or is it just a problem I'm having....thanks.

Mog...a tiny X comes up in the top right hand corner when you open a draft click on it to delete.

Stu.

• Soundas appears to be posting but I'm getting just a blank space below his name.

Anyone else want to borrow my laptop? :-)
  • @SoundAsa£ from your description it sounds as though it's your machine.
  • I can't get on to site on my laptop HT404 or something like that comes up but ok on phone
  • Check the address. It should be charltonlife.com or forum.charltonlife.com
  • I had to change my favourites to http://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com
  • Sponsored links:

• ahhhh.... i think i need to change my favorites too!
  • Think there's still a problem. if i just type in www.charltonlife.com to the browser, it just goes to a blank page.

• Think there's still a problem. if i just type in www.charltonlife.com to the browser, it just goes to a blank page.

I was getting that. If you type www.forum.charltonlife.com then all should be fine.
  • Yes soundas, there is a problem.
  • Thanks guys..............still a bit unsure but will soldier on regardless.
  • Any address issue will not be related to Sound's issue.

If you are getting blank pages with some URLs, make sure you clear your Browser cache and refresh direct from the server: on a Mac, hold the Option key as you refresh the page. With Windows, I think F5 is involved, but maybe someone else can advise? Rebooting your computer should help as a last resort.
  • ....and try going without wheat based products for a week or two.
  • on my pc if i log on via internet explorer i have no end of problems, posting, crashing ect.. but when i use google chrome i seem to have no problems at all, may be worth switiching over for those having problems.
  • Using Chrome from a hotel in The Cotswolds, having no end of problems - either getting redirected to the Vanilla home page of getting blank pages/HT404 notice.

Also notice that trying to get in from Google, a 'blocked' preface was coming up through their link.
  • Last few days I have been unable to reach the site through my Favourites. Eventually I googled the Forum at Charlton Life and voila, here I am.