Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick McCarthy

edited June 2007 in Rumours
this is in today's Sun.

LEICESTER boss Martin Allen wants to swap Patrick McCarthy and cash to get Charlton midfielder Matt Holland.

A Leicester fan was on another forum last night about 8 and said the deal was done. he said he was a decent enough player.

patrick mcccarthy

Comments

• But Matt Holland is out of contract so wouldn't be a swap deal.

Never heard of this guy but is says he's their captain so maybe the leader we need.
  • What a Suprise you took an interest in this one Mart77
  • It says there, a no nonsense defender, with leadership skills.

exactly what we need. Never heard of him so got no idea if he is any good or not !!
  • So why does Martin Allen want to get rid of a no nonsense defender with leadership skills?
  • Maybe he already has another no nonsense defender with Leadership skills and now wants a no nonsense midfielder with leadership skills.

So they take no nonsense do they!
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]What a Suprise you took an interest in this one Mart77

ha ha mate. i only took interest because a Leicester fan was talking about it last night and said he was coming to us. he also said they were about to sign izale mcleod.
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Maybe he already has another no nonsense defender with Leadership skills and now wants a no nonsense midfielder with leadership skills.

So they take no nonsense do they!

Ben Thatcher is a no nonsense defender with leadership skills.........(!)
  • edited June 2007
    Is he ?
  • A Leicester fans view on Mcarthy :

"Became a favourite with the Leicester fans with his no-nonsense style of play"??????????
    What 3 red cards a season?????
    Umpteen yellows????????
    Fouling in very dangerous areas costing us at least 15 points a season???????
    Caught out of postion all game leading to desperate lunging fouls???????
    Nudges and pushes in the back you can spot from Freemans Meadow let alone by the ref from 10 yards away???????
    The red mist all the time???????
    BYEEEEEEEEEEE!

and this seems to be the general opinion.
  • edited June 2007
    Our team is going to look so different next year. I wonder who's going? El Kak? Diawarra? Fortune?

McCarthy signed?
  • Sponsored links:

• seems a done deal. Played only 27 games last season and none since January. Why I wonder ?
  • injured !

shoulder injury i think
  • El Kak is all but gone VM
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]injured !

shoulder injury i think

Dislocated shoulder. Hope it doesn't pop out when we are playing Huddersfield and we then go 5-1 down
  • No worries, Henry.

Johnny Summers will score 5 - and we'll win 7-6
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]No worries, Henry.

Johnny Summers will score 5 - and we'll win 7-6

Thanks, that puts my mind at rest.
  • Has just signed for us £650k
  • £650 K just signed according to the text i got
  • is on the website but not the main page, have to go to the news section and it is a couple of stories down.

can't be arsed to do a link
  • has he played for Eire ?

Wonder if Kinsella had any input ?

Can't really comment, i've never seen him play !
  • Sponsored links:

• Why Would Leicester Let him go if he was that good. Is this what it's going to be like now.
  • edited June 2007
    yes this is what its going to be like now
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Why Would Leicester Let him go if he was that good. Is this what it's going to be like now.
    #
    New manager, new ideas. Hasnt played since January so maybe Martin Allen just would rather put his own stamp on things.

I have trust in Pards and Parky and i think its grossly for us to judge a player until we have seen him play. And yes, this is what it is like now, we're a CCC club signing players to play in that league!
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Why Would Leicester Let him go if he was that good. Is this what it's going to be like now.
    correct..... quickly building a mediocre ccc side
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Why Would Leicester Let him go if he was that good. Is this what it's going to be like now.

players move for all sorts of reasons. No one said that about Danny Mills when he was out the Norwich side when he joined.

Southend mate who went everywhere last season said this bloke is decent.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Why Would Leicester Let him go if he was that good. Is this what it's going to be like now.
    correct..... quickly building a mediocre ccc side

Come on, it's not that bad, he's a promising player who pards obviously feels he can get more out of. Trust in Pards.

Cos he turned down a new contract and therefore they're cashing rather than lose him for nada
  • I never been quoted that many times!
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]I never been quoted that many times!
    You're like Simon Jordan - rent a quote!
  • jesus the negativity is astounding as always

i think maybe people who haven't seen the likes of varney, iwelumo and mccarthy play should just sit tight, they've not even had a photo in the shirt yet and people are already intimating that we are crap for buying from the likes of Crewe, Colchester and Leicester

lets just remember who our last purchase was from colchester and think that without him we might have spent the last 7 seasons pissing about in mid table division one or worse ey boys?

just because we're dropping a division in our market policy, doesn't make every player automatically naff