Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Picture Quiz - Name the Squad

So I was digging out these old photos to sell (see the lastest "For Sale" thread) and found this pic of the players preparing for a journey somewhere.

How many of the squad and coaching side can you name and where were they going?   I think I know all the players but no idea on the reason for the pic?

Comments

• Judging by the sign on the coach, I'd guess Charlton Athletic.  Is that Flash driving?
  • It is Flanagan in the Driver's seat.
  • Late '80s - if that's Flanagan behind the wheel I think he left the club in 1990 after falling out with Lenny over Stuart Balmer's arrival.

If they are wearing (mostly T-shirts) then I presume it's either early season or pre-season, everything looks too new to be late season.

• Only one I'm not sure on is the blond lad kneeling in the centre.
  • I reckon I could name them all, but don't want to spoil it for others early doors. The only one I'm slightly unsure about is the little fella on the steps of the coach with Big Carl.
  • Only one I'm not sure on is the blond lad kneeling in the centre.
    That's Streaky.
  • In red trousers next to Robert Lee?  I can't remember his name off the top of my head but wasn't he the guy that had the record for being youngest ever Charlton Player before Konch?
  • In red trousers next to Robert Lee?  I can't remember his name off the top of my head but wasn't he the guy that had the record for being youngest ever Charlton Player before Konch?
    Nah, that was Penfold, wasn't it?
  • Yes, your right.
  • Have a look where Bob Bolder has got his hands!
  • Sponsored links:

• STIG........

in those days we would have been heading for SELLOUT PARK.

Off the top of by head everyone other than front row right the man who came on with the magic water.

ONE PLAYER SIGHED HIS NAME AS RONNIE MAUGE but it was not him.

• Streaky was my guess

The player on the stairs is one of the most unpopular youth products ever

• Nostalgia City !!!!

Quite a good squad really wasn't it
  • Think I've got all but two and I have a couple of ideas who one of those two might be. Sure plenty will be able to name the lot though.
  • So I was digging out these old photos to sell (see the lastest "For Sale" thread) and found this pic of the players preparing for a journey somewhere.

How many of the squad and coaching side can you name and where were they going?   I think I know all the players but no idea on the reason for the pic?

I think they were celebrating Jason Lee having a normal hairstyle
  • Was this when we set off for a post season tour of Australia? Think it was after we got relegated in 1990. Took ages to get there on that coach I've been told.
  • Who's to Walshies left? Looks like Colin Pates to me, if so not the Aussie trip as he went earlier in that season to Arsenal.
  • Who's to Walshies left? Looks like Colin Pates to me, if so not the Aussie trip as he went earlier in that season to Arsenal.

Yes Pates
  • I think it's

Flanagan Leaburn pitcher

Jones, Bolder, Humphrey, pates, Walsh, Reid, Morts peake, Salmon, McKenzie, Lawrence

Watson, Williams Lee R, Bacon, Minto, Lee J, Hendrey
  • edited October 2011
    Spot on, I think, and the blonde lad is  def. Paul Bacon. One of my sons (now in his 30s) has  this pic  framed with  the players signatures around it. 

It's  the team that got relegated,  but not the team that started life back in the second division the following season, becauase  Humphrey,  Pates  and Williams are still there and Simon Webster isn't. 

No Joe McLaughlin or Tommy Caton ? .  Garth Crooks  must have been injured. Seem to remember he missed the whole of that relegation season and it was our lack of goals ((with Williams as top scorer) that really did for us. My memory says we averaged well under a goal a game.....

• Sponsored links:

• The picture was taken at the start of the 89/90 season before the team went on a pre season tour of Sweden.