Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Lifers in this video?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    'Hillys up' doing his bit doing his bit to camera. No make up either ; )

Vince is in there as well, spotted a certain Johnny Broome kissing the badge. Dont think they are Lifers though.
  • why on earth would anyone post that game up?  i turned off soon as i realised what game it was.

And so it began, we are now in the same league as Wycombe.
  • I dont know why someone did? Maybe a wycombe fan? Also interesting to see that Russell Martin (now norwich), Mike Williamson (now Newcastle) and obviously Paul Lambert were Wycombe players/staff at the time.

• why on earth would anyone post that game up?  i turned off soon as i realised what game it was.

And so it began, we are now in the same league as Wycombe.
    In some ways it makes you feel better. At least the current squad is playing as a team and want to succeed.
  • I dont know why someone did? Maybe a wycombe fan? Also interesting to see that Russell Martin (now norwich), Mike Williamson (now Newcastle) and obviously Paul Lambert were Wycombe players/staff at the time.

No you posted it on here.   Or have you forgotten... :-)

• fook me that was depressing

but the writing was on the cards when the great man left the building

• Les Reed?
  • Reminded me how the prolific JFH with over 100 Prem goals to his credit - couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo when he played for us. Shocking.
  • Wish I hadn't watched that. Made me angry. Feels weird that we are in a much better place, 2 leagues below, if that makes sense.
  • Les Reed?

yep appointed with mark robson by murray to be coachs/assistant to dowie rather than letting him chose his own staff
  • Sponsored links:

• Angry ain't the word. Horrible horrible times. Watching those wasters M.Bent, Hasselbaink and Faye. And it got worse, a lot worse. I'm just so thankful for the kinds of players we seem to have in now.

The apology makes me just as angry after the second paragraph Richard Murray and the board should've apologised for appointing Dowie and giving him all that money in the first place (and sanctioning the purchases). And then immediately sacking him and replacing him with Reed. Such a complete waste of our premiership status, bad decision after bad decision.

Sorry, just horrible times for all that love the club. Onwards and upwards.

(Thought I'd got wound up enough seeing that little pr*ck's face in the Daily Gooner earlier - should NOT have watched that video!)

• What a depressing video.  It was horrible first time around, without watching again.   You know it's bad when ITV broadcast the B word.
  • I flipping said that earlier. I turned off as soon as.

That is the night of Richard Murrays famous quote about diarra... the best centre back no one has heard of.

Switch off don't watch.
  • Diawarra I think. Not sure spelling.
  • Not depressing at all for me. I found it interesting, Not for the result/memory but for the history. I'd much rather have the Charlton we have now than the Charlton we had back then. We're on our way back, the past has gone, and I'm happy.
  • That was the best chance we had of reaching a cup final in my lifetime.  To go out without a fight to lower division opposition without so much of a whimper was awful.  Thought I'd got over it (after all we have two cup disappointments every season), but that vid just brought all the pain back.
  • An ugly, ugly night. Les Reed had to go but seeing him publicly butchered like we did was not pleasant.
    Not a defence of Dowie, but years before, Lennie Lawrence said that its OK sacking managers if you have a plan B, we outed Dowie and then basically carried on with 2/3 of what wasn't working. We then went from being bottom three but in touch to stone dead in a matter of weeks. Before anyone says "hindsight" I was at the meeting at The Valley shortly after Dowie went. Four of us got in the car afterwards and after about 2 minutes silence one of the lads spoke the prophetic line "We are f*cked". And we were.
  • Seems like years ago now. If our current team could play against them, we'd absolutely stuff them.

I've seen more fight in the French Army.
  • edited October 2011
    That was a night that my memory had completely shut out for good reason. We were dreadfull that night and
    You couldn't help feeling sorry for Reid.
    The reason we were in such a mess was because off Dowie and the terrible players he bought. ( Faye , hasslewank etc..)
  • edited October 2011
    That was a night that my memory had completely shut out for good reason. We were dreadfull that night and
    You couldn't help feeling sorry for Reid.
    The reason we were in such a mess was because off Dowie and the terrible players he bought. ( Faye , hasslewank etc..)
    I haven't watched the video, but having read the posts, I had completely forgotten how excited I was about playing Wycombe in the cup, and then completely gutted with how bad we were against them.

• Sponsored links:

• I'll never forget the chants for Pardew. The most poisonous atmosphere I've witnessed at The Valley.
  • This was the night, when I was the most angry I'd ever been watching Charlton & I've seen us lose 7-0 at Brighton !

I booed & booed & booed at the end. Absolute disgrace & M Bent was the worst for not trying that night, although most/all were culpable.

(Very rarely boo, as I think it's completely wrong, only ever booed a few times in 40 years).

• I went proper crackers that night. Stayed to the end in order to vent my fury. Remember leaping over a few rows of seats to get down the front and shout abuse at the players. Jimmy Fat Moneybank tried to stare me out so I went completely mental at him and he ran off down the tunnel.

Not proud of it. But I don't think I have ever been so angry at a football match.