Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Ibe

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
The 15yr old wonderkid who scored for Wycombe yesterday.

A South London lad. Was with us at one point.

Comments

• U11 level I believe some of the U15s and U16s were saying on Twitter yesterday.

Spent the Wycombe video comm pronouncing his surname as "ebay" which I'm hoping was correct or else I've unearthed a corker of a lowbrow nickname.

Our prozone man reckons he's one of the fastest footballers he's ever seen.
  • Got booked for hugging his mum after scoring yesterday. Lovely.
  • I'd have sent him off.

Which Claridge thought was quite right.

It may be the rules but aren't refs allowed a little bit of discretion? 

• Refs dont have discretion. If he hadnt booked him his assessor would have marked him down.

People clamour for consistency, but become blinkered by particular incidents.

As I said earlier I'd have sent him off. One yellow for cuddling his mum, one for his dad.
  • Quite right Clem, we don't want all that emotional stuff brought into the game.

Which Claridge thought was quite right.

It may be the rules but aren't refs allowed a little bit of discretion? 

If they were allowed discretion, it wouldn't be a rule, it would be a guideline.
  • True Leroy, but it's still a fairly subjective point when considering whether or not a player is guilty of "over-celebrating" or not, isn't it?

Jumping over fences into a crowd and taking off a shirt are a given these days. But I've seen players lean into a crowd like this fella did and not get booked before. I guess the thing here was that he ran half the length of the pitch to do it, but I still don't think it was cut and dried.
  • It's a yellow...unless you're van Persie at The Valley and you've already been booked
  • edited October 2011
    It's a yellow...unless you're van Persie at The Valley and you've already been booked
    Ah yes - who could forget that - or the fact that his booking should actually have been a sending off for violent conduct, which surprisingly none of the media seemed to focus on. Ahh, those heady days of Premiership inequity!
  • Sponsored links:

• The ref was right to book him, but the law is wrong....why does taking your shirt off warrent a booking? The same punishment the arsenal gk got for taking out ashley Cole...madness
  • And last week a guy, forget who, pulled the front of his shirt over his head, arms still in it and was booked. How different to Why always me?
  • if it was clinton morrison against us, we'd demand the return of the death penalty.
  • if it was clinton morrison against us, we'd demand the return of the death penalty.

that's if we hadn't all drowned in the tears from our precious fans
  • I can't believe his booking is even a talking point, anywhere.  Why on earth shouldn't he be booked?  Because he's only 15?  Because it was just his mum?  So what?!  He's playing in a man's game, he should follow man's rules.  So what if he hugged his mum, he also hugged about 5 other people - if you make that a rule, then you could find Premiership strikers sticking a distant relative in the front row behind the goal, so that they can jump into the crowd when they score.  It's unbelievable that anyone could even think of arguing with the booking, it's the same everywhere.
  • Anyway...He looks very good. Excellent goal.
  • Don't think he'll be losing any sleep over the booking. Dream debut for the lad.
  • Change the rules then. Let them celebrate however they want, but ifthere not back in there half ready to play in 25 seconds then they get booked.
  • Should have got 100 lines to do, " I must not celebrate with my mum." However it was half term, he will have to write a story " What I did on my holiday".
  • I can't believe his booking is even a talking point, anywhere.  
    Ah, that'll be why you're not talking about it then, correct?

• Sponsored links:

• Wycombe chairman said he'd been with them since under 9s. He was still playing for welling wanderers in the selkent league at u11. He then went on trial at charlton. Believe me with the quality that was/is out there at this age group at the time he wasnt even in the top half of players in that league on ability, he was very quick though. He must have really improved and good luck to te lad.
    There will be a lot of other pros from this age group from the local area believe me. It has been an exceptional age group to watch/coach over the past 8 years.
  • turned down a £100,000 move to Fulham because he wants to move to a bigger club.
  • He's probably holding out for us.

• How the fcuk has she been knighted

• edited October 2011
    semedo with a goal and an assist .....
  • How the fcuk has she been knighted

Ha, quality.

Jordan - Ignominy of the British Empire
  • i couldn't work out what shag was going on about , watched the wycombe link thinking who ........

***div alert***

• edited December 2011
    Signed for Liverpool
  • We let players go quite a bit don't we. Now with liverpool!