Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match meal

Comments

• Sends out a strange message that if you get a fantastic 4-0 away win you only get to eat crappy fast food, whereas if you lose you can go to a fancy restaurant at the top of the Oxo Tower.
  • edited October 2011
    Well done lads. They deserve it. ( if deserve is the right word for a KFC meal!)
  • But you also end up at Swindon so all things considered, pass the Big Mac
  • KFC/McD mix if I'm not mistaken.
    Dont we have fitness advisors any more?
  • Love the picture of BWP on there and the caption below!
  • Haha, great photo
  • Sends out a strange message that if you get a fantastic 4-0 away win you only get to eat crappy fast food, whereas if you lose you can go to a fancy restaurant at the top of the Oxo Tower.
    Or that on your first wedding anniversary you are entitled to take your wife out for a decent meal, even if you lose, just don't tweet about it.
  • I recently went to a posh wedding where the food was prepared by a top chef and all I could think about was that I could murder a KFC!!!
  • Blimey in this day & age of healthy eating/drinking for footballers have to say I'm amazed at that ! 
  • Eating a KFC or a Maccy D's isn't that bad for you. Especially not if you're a professional sportsman, have just been competing at a high level and need to replace all the shit you've just burned off. Plus I'm guessing it was a little "treat" for those who wanted it - so good psychology and good for morale.

It's when you eat that sh*t every day of the week it will catch up with you.

If they were eating it on the way up I'd be worried. But no problem with it on the way back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember standing outside by the team coach at Boro once (that's a whole different story) and remember the kit man getting on with 30 portions of fish and chips and two crates of Fosters. Then when the coach stopped at a service station just outside the town the players piled off and bought shed loads of crisps, mars bars and fizzy drinks.

Mind you, that was the days of Phil Chapple and Kim Grant, so maybe that explains things!
  • Eating a KFC or a Maccy D's isn't that bad for you. Especially not if you're a professional sportsman, have just been competing at a high level and need to replace all the shit you've just burned off. Plus I'm guessing it was a little "treat" for those who wanted it - so good psychology and good for morale.

If they were eating it on the way up I'd be worried. But no problem with it on the way back.
    After a 4 - 0 win I have no problem with the players having a KFC/McDonalds. Good for them. After running around for 90 minutes I'd quite fancy one too.

But it is definitely interesting that the club allows them to. Fair enough they need to replace the calories lost, but those meals have practically zero nutritional value. I would've thought the team has a dietician or nutritionist employed and I doubt that would have come under their recommendations for post-match meals!
  • Probs not, but bet there lovin it and thatl make them play better in the end.
  • Good for them. Everyone needs a treat & as has been said it was after the match, with no games for 7 days.

NB Brian Clough gave his Forest players a whiskey before some of their games and they went on to win the League & European Cup.

• I'm starting to worry about Ben Hamer's diet.... this is what he posted a few days ago:

http://lockerz.com/s/150534100

do you reckon they've told him to bulk up or something?!
  • he was clearing out robbies locker
  • If Robbie Elliott had posted that picture the abuse would have been mighty.
  • ben hamers too skinny !
  • I wouldnt worry too much about Ben Hamer. They regularly test the players body fat and his is the lowest at 7%!!!!!

Incidentally the same as mine.

• 7% isn't fat?
  • Sponsored links:

• lol Brunello.
  • Good lads, well deserved
  • They can eat whatever they like as long as they carry on.

• I thought Hamer said there was a chef on the team bus!
  • They could have at least drunk Diet pepsi...

Pardew used to throw Andy Reid a pie when he played well.
  • pardew used to like dipping into the odd greasy box too..
  • Utter disgrace, professional footballers eating junk food in this day & age.

Start of a long, slippery slope.

They'll be calling opposition players bl*** c**** next!

After a 4 - 0 win I have no problem with the players having a KFC/McDonalds. Good for them. After running around for 90 minutes I'd quite fancy one too.

But it is definitely interesting that the club allows them to. Fair enough they need to replace the calories lost, but those meals have practically zero nutritional value. I would've thought the team has a dietician or nutritionist employed and I doubt that would have come under their recommendations for post-match meals!
    I think what it proves is that there is a lot of rubbish talked about how bad these foods are for you. There is nothing bad about KFC and Macdonalds but they are bad for you if its all you eat and you don't eat the right other stuff as well. The body needs fat and carbs and salt etc as much as all the other healthy stuff and it will get rid of what it doesn't want.
  • I just got rid of something that my body clearly didn't want!