Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tipping point

So which game wil we reach the tipping point and sell out the ground ?.. They way we are going it could come sooner rather than later and we could hit that Luton at home moment when target 10,000 sold out the Luton at home game, 15 k (?) , live on tv and about 50 Luton fans in the south stand surrounded by charlton fans...I remember walking to the ground and seeing people walking away and not realising the ground was full and grateful for having a season ticket...

Comments

• can't see it happening this year
  • edited October 2011
    can't see it happening this year

January's my bet as well...A few thousand half season tickets forxmas and top of the league and it will happen...
  • Even Man ...... City in the cup wouldn't sell out this January. 
  • A lot of people are noticing and making comments to me...some have been to the valley recently...one match soon they are all, going to turn up to the same game...
  • Game we recieve the League Trophy could be a possibility.
  • 6,000 short for the play-off semi-final against Swindon? aint gonna happen in this division
  • 6,000 short for the play-off semi-final against Swindon? aint gonna happen in this division
    At that team compares to this one in what way ?...it could still go wrong of course but there's a sense of a plan coming together...we will sell out the ground...
  • A  London Premiership team in the 3rd round of the FA Cup   - wont happen in the league this year.
  • It really isn't going to happen in this league. Maybe not even in the championship unless we do the five pound offer in the champ
  • It could happen in the league this season if Rachel Riley does the half time entertainment.
  • Sponsored links:

• This 
    is
    not
    happening
    this
    year.
  • This 
    is
    not
    happening
    this
    year.
    What? Rachel Riley?
  • Another step closer today...scoring 5 goals, going 5 points clear, extending the goa difference, a decent 17.5k gate and more and more people are going to sit up and notice...
  • Arsenal in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, combined with football for a fiver and 2000 free tickets to local schools.
  • Only 13,005 at the Huddersfield game and a paltry 621 more at Hillsborough  than  at The Valley today.
  • Somethings happening - we have our Charlton back -both on and off the pitch. Thank you to the board and thanks to Sir Chris, the coaching staff and players for ending years of misery and putting smiles on our faces again.
  • Somethings happening - we have our Charlton back -both on and off the pitch. Thank you to the board and thanks to Sir Chris, the coaching staff and players for ending years of misery and putting smiles on our faces again.
    Well said
  • If we had say Hudds or Sheffield Weds at home last game of the season and needed a win to secure promotion it might happen but otherwise not this season unless a big PL club at home in the cup.
  • Great turn-out today. Okay, 2000 of those were freebies but it's all part of the club looking at the long-term ambitions of getting people back to the Valley. When a good attendance combines with a good team performance the place rocks.

Long may it continue.
  • Only 13,005 at the Huddersfield game and a paltry 621 more at Hillsborough  than  at The Valley today.
    And weds had a big offer on for their tickets.

• Sponsored links:

• Home v Wycombe because it'll be my first match for three years.
    And weds had a big offer on for their tickets.

Yes, but there is only so many whippets a man can have.
  • To break 20k with no offers would be a real achievement ... If we are top at Christmas and zeroing in on promotion I can see an average if 18k maybe 19k but I can't see us doing more than that ... I'd LOVE us to average over 20k again ... I'd be over the moon ... Just can't see it though personally ...
  • edited November 2011
    Taking a step back and looking at this morning's papers and it looks like this...top of the league, 40 points aready, a 5 point cushion on the team in 2nd place, scoring goals for fun and a 25 positive goal difference and 17.5k gate...any lapsed charlton fan or indeed a football fan looking at that wil think it's going to be worth a visit to the valley...and that's before they look on here and pick up the change in mood...any time soon there is going to be a big walk up...
  • Think we could do it if the last match is a promotion party!
  • Brentford at home, January 2nd...the half season tickets kick in, bank holiday Monday and the end of the Xmas hols and a derby game...full house
  • Brentford at home, January 2nd...the half season tickets kick in, bank holiday Monday and the end of the Xmas hols and a derby game...full house
    Brentford! A derby match! Since when?
    and we will still be top of the league
  • edited November 2011

Brentford! A derby match! Since when?
    Derby! A Brentford match! Since when?

;o)