Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bromley Addicks Promotion Party - 7 December 2011

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
No, not getting ahead of ourselves.

On 7th December we'll be celebrating the 85/86 promotion season with John Pearson, Mike Flanagan and Nicky Johns plus a very special surprise guest whose name even I don't know yet.

Usual venue. Bickley and Widmore WM Club, Tylney Road, Bromley BR1 2SH

Starts at 8.00pm

Members only but you can join on the night.

Raffles, Q & A, photos, autographs, mince pies and beer.

See you all there.

Comments

• henners winning the raffle last year..

• Do you remember a few years back Ben i said that Nicky Johns had left a voicemail message on my mobile.  He left a message saying he wanted to come and talk at the City Addicks meeting as he had heard how good they were as we had just had a successful one with John Humphrey and I was basking in the glow of successful night and I told quite a few people that he had called me?

Do you remember me telling you? 

• Do you remember a few years back Ben i said that Nicky Johns had left a voicemail message on my mobile.  He left a message saying he wanted to come and talk at the City Addicks meeting as he had heard how good they were as we had just had a successful one with John Humphrey and I was basking in the glow of successful night and I told quite a few people that he had called me?

Do you remember me telling you? 

It rings a vague bell.  How long ago was that?

I didn't arrange for Nicky to come along, Bernard did all the organising of the guests as he, as you know, he has all the contacts with the old players.

We have had Nicky along at Bromley before quite a few years ago.  Nice guy but fairly reserved, at least that night.
  • It was a good few years ago now.  Cant rmember when the John Humphrey meeting was... when Dowie got sacked.

Anyway he left this message about wanting to be a guest etc but no contact number.  I waited and waited for him to call back.  He never did.  I tell you for why he didnt call - it wasn't him.  It was my stupid husband acting the goat.

How embarrassing.  He only told me a few months ago that it was him.

• It was a good few years ago now.  Cant rmember when the John Humphrey meeting was... when Dowie got sacked.

Anyway he left this message about wanting to be a guest etc but no contact number.  I waited and waited for him to call back.  He never did.  I tell you for why he didnt call - it wasn't him.  It was my stupid husband acting the goat.

Impersonating a Charlton player should be grounds for divorce IMHO
  • Ha, brilliant. Nice one Tav !

Impersonating a Charlton player should be grounds for divorce IMHO
    Francis is in bother then if his wife reads this :-)
  • Odd that I didnt recognise his voice... but he did put a stupid one on.  
  • 'plus a very special surprise guest whose name even I don't know yet'

as long as it isn't that Lennie Lawrence bloke, the traitor. Put him in as Agent Lennie and he doesn't understand the remit.

• Just bumping this as getting close to the date now.

Hope to see faces old and new there.

• Sponsored links:

• Sorry, I'm in conversation with Penn and Teller at the O2 that night.......
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry, I'm in conversation with Penn and Teller at the O2 that night.......
    Are you allowed to ask them maths questions? (Penn & Teller, that is)
    :)

as long as it isn't that Lennie Lawrence bloke, the traitor. Put him in as Agent Lennie and he doesn't understand the remit.

Its Parkie!!!!!! ;-)

Its Parkie!!!!!! ;-)
    No, he was ironing his V-necks that night.  Genuinely don't know who it is.

Lennie's assistants son ?

Lennie's assistants son ?
    I saw Mike Flanaghan's son playing for Thurrock, I think, v bromley a few years back.  That is who you meant, isn't it : - )
  • All still on for 7 December at Bromley

Meanwhile other branches have meetings on 1st December.

Powell @ Maidstone and Peacock @ Ashford.    Both should be excellent evenings.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2523686,00.html
  • edited November 2011
    Will Flanagan be there, now that he is the new manager of Maldon and Tiptree
  • Will Flanagan be there, now that he is new manager of Maldon and Tiptree
    Didn't know that.  Will have to check.