Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The tinker man?

edited December 2011 in Troubleshooting
Got a slight query.

Why have we replaced Hughes with Russel?

I don't dislike Russel however where I accept Ephraim had to come in for Jackson, why was Hughes dropped too?

2 changes seems a fools move when the last time Powell made an unforced change we lost 1-0.

Comments

• Yeah Chris Powell really is a fool isn't he . Unbelievable.
  • Got a slight query.

I don't dislike Russel however where I accept Ephraim had to come in for Jackson, why was Hughes dropped too?

2 changes seems a fools move when the last time Powell made an unforced change we lost 1-0.

'Cos Russel is a better player than Hughes. Some people couldn't understand why CP wanted to replace Hayes with Kerm. CP proven right there too.
  • The last time he made an unforced change we beat Huddersfield 2-0. Powell is the manager and we are top of the league and he will do what he wants.
  • Managers make mistakes just as we do. CP has played Russell because he believes that his inclusion strengthens our team. That's hard luck on Hughes but the way things are.

As for Russell's impact on the team - the marks that most people gave him in yesterday's game (see Lanc's thread) suggest that he played well and there are plenty of supporting comments that suggest that he fits in with CP's thinking. I've not seen him play for us tet so I can't make any personal comment but this doesn't look like tinkering to me.

• Got a slight query.

Did you not see the earlier thread entitled 'Andy Hughes'?  The answers to your questions can be found there.
    Where did I say Powell is a fool?

I said 2 changes seems a fools move.
    Where did I say Powell is a fool?

I said 2 changes seems a fools move.

Champion at splitting straws.
  • edited December 2011
    Simply because Russell is a better player. Powell is proving that he isn't too nice to be a manager, as many people feared when he was first appointed.