Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Nicholls

edited June 2007 in Rumours
in talks with Preston apparently.

What we are looking for, or not ?

Comments

• A captain and an aggressive midfield player who comes from the area and knows the CCC.
  • and knows us also
  • [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]and knows us also

I'd say we are virtually a different club from the one we were when he was last here.
  • I remember he scored a cracking volley from outside the box for us in the 1st minute home to Burnley/ Barnsley?
    Only goal he ever scored for us.

He'd made a number of sub appearances before that but was that his full debut for us?
    He was about 19 then.
  • NO. Hes the most injury prone player going.

Also when the going got tough at leeds he whimped out.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I remember he scored a cracking volley from outside the box for us in the 1st minute home to Burnley/ Barnsley?
    Only goal he ever scored for us.

He'd made a number of sub appearances before that but was that his full debut for us?
    He was about 19 then.[/quote]

It was Barnsley, I think we drew 2-2 and scored in the last minute to equalise.
  • It was Barnsley - and that arsehole Paul Wilkinson went into the crowd to get the ball back after it went out for a throw-in - then got a clump after he scored right at the end of stoppage time tryin to get the ball out of the net. Wanker.

I believe it was Nicholls' full debut as well. personally I think he would be a decent signing, but agree about his injury-proneness being a problem.
  • edited June 2007
    And in that match, didn't Neil Redfearn score for Barnsley (free kick from edge of box?).

Barnsley I think, were 2nd in the Division at the time - and eventually were promoted to the Prem for the first & last time in their history.

Remember talking to Barnsley supporters in the portakabin players lounge after the match - nice people and true football fans, they couldn't believe that Barnsley could be promoted to the Prem.
  • Nicholls comes from north of the thames. Went to my school infact.