Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FAO OOH AAH

A mate of mine has done a straight £10 e/w bet on the following to win their respective leagues. First three for the prem & first four for the other divisions all at a quarter of the odds. Prices are:

7/4 Man utd

5/1 West H

9/1 CAFC

10/3 Crawley

What would the each way pay? I'm thinking £476.67.

Cheers, Tony.

Comments

• Each way return - £192.71

Win Return - £7342.71
  • A mate of mine has £50.00 for Man City, West Ham, us & Crawley to win their respective leagues, dont ask me what odds he got though.
  • I think he meant he had 10 e/w on each one, is that right? So he actually bet £80?
  • A mate of mine has £50.00 for Man City, West Ham, us & Crawley to win their respective leagues, dont ask me what odds he got though.
    That's looking good. Myself and a few on this forum backed us at 12/1 to win the league.
  • CIty were 4/1 ante-post and we were 12/1 in a lot of places so with a £50 stake he's looking at a very nice payout in it comes in!

Think Crawley are the only ones who might let him down

• Can anyone remember what odds we were for promotion, not winning the title, around July time? I put 20 quid on us to be promoted, but no idea what odds I got!
  • 4's I think it was?

I got 14's to win the league.
  • No fortunes to be made on us at the bookies now. Latest odds here
    http://odds.bestbetting.com/football/england/league-one/promotion/
  • Damn! Really regretting not putting us to win the whole thing!
  • To get promoted in July I also got 4 to 1. My boy also got 12 to win league and back it with a safety bet to get promotion at 4 to 1, hopefully come May he remembers that he placed the placed the bet for me?
  • Sponsored links:

• I got us at 14s as well :-)
  • Might have some of that bet myself.
  • Each way return - £192.71

valley gary is right
  • Looking at the current bookies odds makes for good reading ....... The bookies rarely get it wrong and we are bankers if odds are to go by.
  • Cheers folks. Just out of interest, how does the each way bet work?
  • Just for you mate this is how it works ...

Obviously 1/4's odds on each one are Man U 0.4375 , WHU 1.25 , CAFC 2.25 , Crawley 0.83 .

But you add 1 to each of those prices ( just makes it easier to work out instead of adding your stake money in each time )

So , 10 x 1.4375 = 14.375

14.375 x 2.25 = 32.34

32.34 x 3.25 = 105.12

105.12 x 1.83 = 192.36

But you have to minus the £10 win part of your bet , therefore the amount you'd take home is £182.36

A lucky 15 would've paid out a lot more but obviously your stake would be higher at the start

Good luck geez
  • Top man Shag. Much appreciated.