Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Video - 1989/90 Xmas Special

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Odd one this, I think Dad picked it up for Christmas in 1989. It charts the first few months of the season, and starts with the PE teacher from Grange Hill talking about the plans to rebuild The Valley. Lots of interviews in here too. And one of the most memorable wins over Chelsea that, if it had happened 15 years later, would have resulted in Abramovich buying Colin Walsh and sticking him on the bench.

Part 1 of 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAOLerE3Xo

Comments

• Great start to the season, an iffy middle and a pig awful end with us being relegated by 13 points...
  • Our fate was sealed when we sold Pates and Bennett mid-season to fund the Valley return, no chance after that, although we might have gone down anyway.

Some very fine players there, Bolder, Humphrey, Pates, Lee, Walsh, Williams, Mortimer and Watson, all fine footballers.
  • Remember walking out of The Den that night in a state of shock, how the hell we threw that away I will never know. We were so much in control it was unbelievable. Even though we went down there were some great memories that season.
  • Remember walking out of The Den that night in a state of shock, how the hell we threw that away I will never know. We were so much in control it was unbelievable. Even though we went down there were some great memories that season.
    Even just now I forwarded past the Millwall goals, could not bear to watch them even 22 years later!
    Even just now I forwarded past the Millwall goals, could not bear to watch them even 22 years later!
    Snap , can remember that like it was yesterday
  • Good away crowd at millwall.
  • On his day, Paul Mortimer was an amazing talent. In my 25 years watching Charlton, I can only think of Di Canio who came close in terms of flair.
  • Couple of years before my time and ive seen it before, but sh*t that mortimer goal against chels was absolute class, superb build up play from us as well, great football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers for these Jimmy. Brings back some good memories!
  • We had some rather articulate players back in those days!
  • Yes and then Kim Grant came along and ruined it! lol
  • The fella talking at the beggining about the Valley has a son called Andrew chirist I haven't seen him for over 25 years!

God my memory is good for an old bar**ard lol
  • edited February 2012
    Great vids Jim, Jimmy, see if you've got the 91/92 season so we can see the southend sendings off and penalty misses again!
  • Remember that 2-2 draw with the spanners, felt sick as a parrot, the ref was praying for a draw at the end
  • Excellent memories of days spent on the Sainsbury Terrace.....That Lineker goal seems like it was just yesterday.
  • Part 3 (Final part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s414nIdBwT8
    I'm pretty sure that the ball boy in this picture is actually me!

• Just watched these, good clips!
    The 2-2 at the Den must of been hard to take, would of loved to have visited that place.