Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home friendlies against non-English opposition

2»

Comments

• Options
    I seem to remember Pisa at Selhurst around 1986??? 3-1 win.
  • Options
    The above programmes up for sale now
  • Options
    3-2 vs Vicenza best friendly game i've ever been too.
    agreed! Powell got sent off didn't he?! Every time Robinson got the ball, their right back smashed him and Powell eventually lost it! (I don't think he served a ban for it tho!)

Dont think Powell was sent off, I think the ref advised Curbs to sub him off before he had to send him off. Your right though Powell lost it big time. Some of the filthy challenges going in from both teams were great.

I think I read somewhere afterwards that Powelly said he was still in a state at the time after the tragic news of Boloangi and this was the frustation of all it all coming out.
  • Options
    CAFC 4-2 La Gantoise - 26 Oct 65. Brilliant game - tremendous diving bullet header from Ron Saunders.
    CAFC 3-1 Spartak Brno Nov 63. At the height of Firmani-mania. Crowd of 19K. Another very good game. I couldn't go, but somewhere amongst my old programmes is an excellent lengthy report from The Times.
  • Options
    Played Arsenal a few times at home
  • Options
    Played Arsenal a few times at home
    Played Millwall a few times too. Not only are they non English but completely alien
  • Options
    Hearts of Oak from Ghana me amd my dad thought it was Hearts lol think we won 6 v 1