Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A2 traffic problem tonight!

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Info as of 4.00pm.........Lorry has overturned on the A2 in the Falconwood area.................severe problems albeit south bound.
May impact on those going to the game tonight, so plan ahead guys and gals and listen out for traffic news.

Comments

• Cheers for that mate.
  • I don't know what it is about that stretch of motorway. Seems to be a pile up there every week at the moment.
  • Just been through it Kent bound on way home. Black Corsa on hard shoulder smashed front an back. Sprinter type van on side in lane 1 of 2.
  • A2 London - One lane closed and queueing traffic on A2 eastbound in Eltham at the Westmount Road junction, because of an overturned vehicle. Congestion on A102 to Woolwich Road Flyover.
  • As it's only a sprinter van sized vehicle one would like to think it could be cleared fairly quickly but knowing the Highways Authority as we do and their reames of ridiculous red tape and petty beaurocracy, it will most likely take quite some time.
  • Is this London or Kent bound?
  • Thx! Heading that way soon.
  • Is this London or Kent bound?
    South bound but will most likely have a knock on effect for the whole area.

• where the A2 is concerned its probably best to say either Kent-bound or London-bound, or east/west bound.....the A2 does not run north - south !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent bound is moving but busy near eltham
  • Flew through the A2 London bound to Charlton, but if coming south through the Blackwall Tunnel it is mayhem.
  • edited January 2012
    Double post
  • I don't know what it is about that stretch of motorway. Seems to be a pile up there every week at the moment.
    its due to the ridiculusly placed speed camera hidden around the corner of the eltham tunnel. I understand that drivers shouldnt be speeding and therefore it wouldnt be a problem if we all obeyed the law but I always understood that speed cameras were placed in "black spots" to reduce accidents whereas this one causes a "black spot"!!!! I have had an issue with that camera since the day I passed my test.

• Rta just over the lights between john Wilson st and the kings arms. Causing chaos
  • Will kick off be delayed BDL? Traffic is chaos
  • bad round shooters hill and Sun in sands area.
  • How did he know 2 minutes before it happened?
    its due to the ridiculusly placed speed camera hidden around the corner of the eltham tunnel. I understand that drivers shouldnt be speeding and therefore it wouldnt be a problem if we all obeyed the law but I always understood that speed cameras were placed in "black spots" to reduce accidents whereas this one causes a "black spot"!!!! I have had an issue with that camera since the day I passed my test.

I know exactly which camera you refer to and it's high time someone took an angle grinder to it.

• I came off one before Kidbooke to get caught up at the Well hall roundabout where there was a tail back due to roadworks , so that 'clever idea' backfired?. Frankly the traffic calming measures ( speed humps) in Corelli road would do justice to the 'Grand National'. Double parking and single track roads, virtually all the way to 'Springfields'. Rush hour and getting to the valley, just do not mix?