Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AWAY COACHES THIS SEASON?

WHATS THE COACHES BEEN LIKE THIS SEASON? STARTED USING BUT AFTER BEING ON THE TRANMERE COACH AND THE ONE THAT COULDNT FIND DAGGERS GROUND! LOST CONFIDENCE IN THERE DRIVERS THEY DIDNT SEEM TO HAVE ANY ROUTE PLANNING? SHAME AS ME AND MY TWO BOYS HAD STARTED TO GO TO MOST AWAY GAMES ON THE COACHES.

Comments

• JTJT
    edited January 2012
  • STOP SHOUTING!!!!!
  • JT: Shouldn't that be posted on the 'New Bird...' thread?
  • I went from Larkfield to Sheffield on Saturday and it was fine. The driver's didn't actually know where the ground was, but they had a Sat Nav and they found it. I would imagine this could be more of a problem looking for a small ground in a built up area, but we had plenty of time.

On the whole I thought the whole experience was great. I took an iPad and watched video for most of the journey, and it didn't even seem that long.

What happened on the Tranmere coach?
  • I've been to MKDons and Exeter on coaches this season, we left very early for Exeter then had an hour stop and arrived an hour before kickoff which seems a little odd. Apart from that both were fine, either I was lucky or you were unlucky, take your pick.
  • Welcome Loco,

Fanny Fanackapan will be able to explain more but there were complaints about coaches arriving late or very close to KO so I understand that they are leaving a little earlier to avoid this.
  • Nice use of correct category filter FRF, not many get it right.
  • Welcome Loco,

Fanny Fanackapan will be able to explain more but there were complaints about coaches arriving late or very close to KO so I understand that they are leaving a little earlier to avoid this.
    Think Airman is the man for this as he & Wendy arrange the coaches & determine the times etc. But basically, it's as Henry stated. Too many away games where coach travellers were arriving very close to kick off , or at worst, after.

Must be very difficult to please everyone concerned and I remember Airman saying that there is SO much more traffic these days, esp on motorways , making the task of deciding on timing exteremely hazardous.

TBH, I am lucky enough to be "chauffeured " to most away games . We tend to leave around 30mins or more later than the coach ( from Dartford) & 99% of the time, arrive at our destination aprrx 60mins before KO . However, unless someone on board needs a loo break, we tend to drive to the ground without a stop. This means that we have time for sarnies and a drink once we arrive , and have a built in extra hour or so should there be traffic problems on the way.

If there is a major incident en route ( as on the way to Luton for the C Cup match when we arrived at halftime) then the issue is taken out of our hands unless a cunning plan is devised using a good old fashioned map book. I'm certain that this is the worst nightmare of all of us travelling regularly up & down the motorways of England.

Hope that helps...

• Better to be there too early than too late. Gives you the opportunity to sniff around the area and the ground, imagining how it must have looked
    like 25 or 50 years ago.