Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Loveridge (RIP)

As a lot of you guys on the Lifers site knew Peter Loveridge, there will be a beer up for him in rememberance of what would have been his 40th.
Anyone wishing to meet "Up the Bull" Shooter Hill friday night, will be gladly welcomed!
His Brother Andy has arranged this, thought you might like to know.

Any comments/memories/stories appreciated.

Comments

• Lovely bloke, mad for Charlton.

Remember a dull home game vs Hull at Sellout, when he hopped over the hoardings and lamped one of the players (?)....

Loved playing football too, sure I saw him play at Park View Road once.....

One of those blokes you remember always laughing and having a story to tell.

Taken far too early.

Proper Charlton.
  • Pete was a top guy. Went on his stag to Bournemouth and played footy with him for around 5 years. I'll try and get up there would be good to meet up with all the old faces.
  • I will be there, Pete, your a top bloke, and lasting memories for me are his gigantic tongue, and loking alot like Pete Sampras.

I known him since pretty much i can remember, and as falc says taken far too early! I can always imagine him and my sis up there looking down on us and chuckling.
  • top bloke very, very funny , a handy footballer with a great left peg.... stag do in bournemouth was a drunken haze but i remember the coach down there with a driver who wouldn't stop and no toilet on board!!
    as MCS said his tongue was legendary
    a proper character
    RIP
  • Rip Pete mate,
    for anyone that shared a shower with him at footy its not only the length of his tongue that was legendary !!!!!!!!!
    Great stag do in Bournemouth. who remembers the helium balloons ?
    It was the lino he floored at selhurst, Falc.
    Scored goals for fun and gave 200% in every game including training when i even witnessed him breaking one of our own players noses !!! after a hard nights boozing when Hillsy and ohhahh and myself couldn't even stand up straight on the pitch you could always rely on him getting the goals to bail us out once again
  • edited July 2007
    no one got hurt,he had to be restrained by the players! quality geezer who always attracted bizarre and very funny situations.very good in the air and was very useful with his elbows at the same time.always a great big smile on his face,a great bloke.

a cult hero for the people.
  • I used to work with his sister Natalie more than 20 years ago.

I was aware that he was no longer "with us", but don't know the cause. Apologies for asking, but can anyone enlighten me if it is not too distressing.
  • His heart croaked on him a few times, but the third one took him from us.
    Some great comments guys.
    Dont remember too about about Bournemouth, even though I was his best man!
  • I never knew him personally, but judging by the comments & stories above he sounds like a top top bloke to have known..

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• I echo that Carling, RIP
  • [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]His heart croaked on him a few times, but the third one took him from us.
    Some great comments guys.
    Dont remember too about about Bournemouth, even though I was his best man!

That's because you was to busy calming Pete down as he was worried what we was going to do to him!! Needless to say we did nothing as we was to frightened he was going to flatten us all with a wild left elbow!!

I will be there from about 8 tonight!!
  • Morts, Surely you remember me losing my wallet only to view the video a couple of weeks later and spot it on the window ledge in my room !!!!
  • I used to play football against Pete on sundays. Knightmare to play against but seem to remember he was'nt a bad keeper either. Nice fella.
  • top bloke who I knew for years, played both with and against him and I can safely say it was safer to have him on my side !!!.

he is sadly missed, unfortunately I cannot make it tonight.

RIP mate.
  • Had a great night for Pete on Friday, toasted his 40th well, good turnout, good pissup for a good bloke. I rolled in at stupid o clock after going back to my Ma's for a gammon sandwich and a cuppa, which was well recieved! Everyone pretty much stayed till kick out and the toiast at the end with the shots was a nice touch, well done to my bro Morts genius and glass half empty (i think anyway!! lol) for sorting that out.
  • Shots? no wonder my head was spinning !! Great turn out
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Had a great night for Pete on Friday, toasted his 40th well, good turnout, good pissup for a good bloke. I rolled in at stupid o clock after going back to my Ma's for a gammon sandwich and a cuppa, which was well recieved! Everyone pretty much stayed till kick out and the toiast at the end with the shots was a nice touch, well done to my bro Morts genius and glass half empty (i think anyway!! lol) for sorting that out.
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Shots? no wonder my head was spinning !! Great turn out

nice to see you guys again, you light weights went before the olduns, what was that gear you were drinking (shots I know) but shots of what? Has Andy surfaced yet? he looked a mess a 10 oclock let alone nearly midnight. MCS, some of the locals were asking me if you were the same guy who played in the charity game, as they thought they recognised you from somewhere!! (fame at last) :)
  • Famous eh, i actually grew up at shooters hill, i am a face round that way for sure! I used to drink in the Bull quite a bit a few years ago! Been in there sporaddicly for years!

but yey fame at last lol

BTW, i hardly played in the charity game, i spent most of it persuading alex wright on the touchline not to put me on again as i was totally dead. See pic for confirmation i was totally dead, and that was after less than 10 mins!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Famous eh, i actually grew up at shooters hill, i am a face round that way for sure! I used to drink in the Bull quite a bit a few years ago! Been in there sporaddicly for years!

but yey fame at last lol

BTW, i hardly played in the charity game, i spent most of it persuading alex wright on the touchline not to put me on again as i was totally dead. See pic for confirmation i was totally dead, and that was after less than 10 mins!![div class=Attachments id=Attachments_114434 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]DSC01004.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

one of the guys that asked me, was a copper, and hes only just moved on the manor. Lol
  • I believe it was z/sambucas. Dont know how its spelt, only know how to down it!