Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yusuf Islam (previously known as Cat Stevens and Steven Georgiou)

Just watched his Majikat concert (from his last tour as Cat Stevens in1976) on Sky Arts and it reminded me what a great songwriter he was/is. The preamble mentions that at the time of the concert "nearly 1,000 people are connected to a thing called 'The Internet' ".

Time and the world moves on but great music never changes.

Comments

• His last 2 albums 'An Other Cup' and 'Roadsinger' are excellent
  • im 22, yet he is one of my (if not) favourite artists of all time. great songs and great lyrics.

love the geezer
  • Roadsinger is an absolutely brilliant album.
  • They were playing loads of his stuff on Radio 2 late last night. There may be a Podcast available if you're interested?
  • Yes brilliant artist.
  • They were playing loads of his stuff on Radio 2 late last night. There may be a Podcast available if you're interested?
    Deffo, what on itunes??
    Deffo, what on itunes??
    Sorry, not sure how. Radio2 website maybe? They were talking about his life and playing loads of his tunes too mate...
  • Cheers Rob I will take a look
  • edited February 2012
    No probs Mike.
  • edited February 2012
    Made himself pretty unpopular in the music industry many years ago......wont go into the rights and wrongs of it and I can see both sides.......but tend to come down on the side of those who felt badly let down by him.
    Having said that, Tea for The Tillerman is one of my all time favourite albums.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why was he called Cat?
  • Why was he called Cat?
    He liked mice...

• Why was he called Cat?
    He liked mice...

sugar mice
  • Was listening to The Very Best Of Cat Stevens whilst jogging this morning,great artist and brilliant music.
  • Why was he called Cat?
    He liked mice...

I thought it had something to do with him being a Chelsea goalkeeper?
  • My recollection is that a girl said his eyes looked like those of a cat (although which sort of cat was never made clear.)
  • Saw him live at the Albert Hall a couple of years ago....and he most certainly still has it. Best concert I've ever been to.

Anyone who likes Cat Stevens should take a look at the 1970 film 'Harold and Maude'.