Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clubs for Bournemouth

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Saw the thread about "boozers" so thought I'd get a thread going for the youngsters staying the night who're out late.
Any suggestions anyone??

Comments

• Saw the thread about "boozers" so thought I'd get a thread going for the youngsters staying the night who're out late.
    Any suggestions anyone??
    Hello! Suggestions would be welcome for this.
  • edited February 2012
    not really into clubs but bournemouth has a fair few. lots of dubstep nights.

one that i have been to is the fantastic looking V Bournemouth. expensive and packed. the building used to be a methodist church and still looks like one, well if you add lazers, pilled up teenagers and hard hitting base.
  • Groups, even small ones, of blokes together will find it very difficult to get in to clubs in Bournemouth. Late serving boozer may be a better option.
  • club 1812 which is in the royal exeter hotel opposite the BIC, Hamptons. both these places are better later on. For Your eyes only!!! look it up on the net?!?!
  • We will have 3 men and 3 women.
    Is that a good ratio?
    I'd prefer a more studenty club. That is one that plays decent music, not house or bloody dubstep (no offense Karim, but I can't stand it!)
    Ask yourself, would Johnnie Jackson like it?
    ;p
    Is that a good ratio?
    I'd prefer a more studenty club. That is one that plays decent music, not house or bloody dubstep (no offense Karim, but I can't stand it!)
    ;p
    so a proper old pub with strippers dancing to classic rock it is then.

Mr kyps is pretty good. bad dancing and tribute bands.
  • There was a meat market cheesy Oceana type place when i went on a stag do yonks ago called Elevation.

@Valley Gary youll be all over it mate if it's still open. ;-)
  • this might interest some if they're there on friday

good venue this is

http://www.oldfirestation.co.uk/event_details_711.html
  • Did the weekend in Bournemouth last year and will be doing the same this weekend.

We ended up in Walkabout, Yates and a certain place called For Your Eyes Only. The females are very friendly in there. Brilliant night out though!

Staying in the West Cliff Inn, very cheap (£80 for two nights for two people) plus a cheap hotel bar!
  • Sponsored links:

• What about us in our 40/50s
  • What about us in our 40/50s
    Eastbourne is further East....
    ;-)
  • club 1812 which is in the royal exeter hotel opposite the BIC, Hamptons. both these places are better later on. For Your eyes only!!! look it up on the net?!?!
    Or "Wiggles" if it's still there
    1812 I went to last time very good place bit out of the way from the high street and not sure a load of boozed up lads would get in
    Is that a good ratio?
    ;p
    I don't know if JJ is into dubstep but apparently there's a dubstep night on at this place:

http://www.oldfirestation.co.uk/index.html

I think it's owned by the Bournemouth Uni Student Union - I've no idea whether entrance is restricted to students or not though.
  • The firestation generally IS restricted to students only, if it's not then fine go for it. If it is then your best off tapping up a couple of students that you can go in with as guests - You can find these in the pub next door to it called Inferno.

Best clubs in my opinion are V and Aruba, try and get there before midnight though to save yourself one hell of a queue. Bar So & 1812 are decent bars, the latter of the two is very narrow though so can get quite crowded. All four of these are one the "same side" of town. You've also got Klute & Hamptions slightly down the hill (going away from the beach) near Bar So. Klute picks up later on in the evening.

If your after some rather fine looking women then head to Alika, gets busy later on (Near the firestation and kfc on the roundabout).

You WILL NOT get in any of these places as a big group, split yourself up if you can, no more than groups of four (if all men). East Stand - You should be absolutely fine with 3 men and 3 women. Trainers are also a no go!

Most places shut around 4am, if there are some hardcore amongst you then near Walkabout & FYEO there is a little place called Camel Bar which is open until 6am. Generally has some dance music going on down stairs and a mixture up every upstairs.

• Hmm... I think at this rate we will end up with a bottle of whiskey on the beach.
    But I will keep these suggestions in mind if we feel like dancing (romancing, giving it our all, etc).
    Thanks fellas!
  • I think I've been in Inferno - a very studenty place, the only cider they had on sale was the sweet and sickly variety. Beer was John Smith's as I recall.
  • Just head to the town centre and have a walk around, lots of clubs, bars etc. within walking distance.. Lava Ignite perhaps the best for a safe night out on a Saturday