Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coach Etiquette

I've booked coach tickets for my son and myself for the Huddersfield game. I havn't been to an away match by coach since the Cardiff v Charlton 1984 on lewis coaches and have a few questions.

Does the gallon Juice bottle still get passed around if you need a pee?

Are you allowed to have a beer on the coach?

If the coach suffers a puncture, will the driver expect the passengers to change the tyre ?

Is it safe to leave things on the coach (such as your jacket).

What time does the coach usually get to the ground, will I have a chance to take in the huddersfield culture?

Comments

• I wouldn't worry too much about that last item.
  • juice bottle: there are toilets
    beer: not sure
    coach punture fixed by passengers: i hope not
    leave jacket on the coach: i usually do
    time of arrival: depends on traffic, a few times this season we have arrived before the gates have even opened
  • You are no longer allowed to have fun and certainly no banter is allowed also no alcohol, bizarely now they all have toilets!!
  • Remember your cribbage board.
  • beer - no.
    beer - no
    beer - no.

got the picture.
  • You have to piss in the bottle but make sure you don't get it mixed up with the bottles of home brew getting passed around, The coach normally gets there with a bit of time to be spare aslong as it hasn't been smashed up by some other mob at the service stations, Don't leave anything on the coach...The local kids will have a field day if you do.
  • Toilets on the coaches. No alcohol allowed, the coach can turned back if found. Usually get to the ground an hour before on average, but can be between 1.5 hrs & 15 mins.
  • which coach you on?
  • You have to piss in the bottle but make sure you don't get it mixed up with the bottles of home brew getting passed around, The coach normally gets there with a bit of time to be spare aslong as it hasn't been smashed up by some other mob at the service stations, Don't leave anything on the coach...The local kids will have a field day if you do.
    If my experiences of home brew are typical, drinking piss would be a safer and more pleasant option.
  • A Hip flask is your safest bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• A Hip flask is your safest bet.
    Cool, man

• edited March 2012
    Be sure to make the most of your one hour service stop at Watford Gap, maybe even take a cheesy photo or two next to the North/South divide sign.

Those sixty minute stops are always a highlight. Sod going to any pubs before the games, it's all about the £1.75 a bottle of Diet Coke in Smith's.
  • If you're on the Bromley coach, Jean will kindly make everyone a cup of tea.

So come along if you can handle that.
  • Fags and Weed, Booze and Speed but they draw the line at Crack.
  • Rugby League was invented in 'Uddersfield.

I think thats its only claim to culture.
    Hmm, not so sure about that. My mate brough back a nasty one some years back!

• edited March 2012
    last time i did a coach away trip i had the pleasure of hearing this intelictual discussion between two youths sat in front of me... let me set the scene, we have just left london and are on the nice countryside part of the m25 heading around around for the m1 i think,

youth 1 "raaa man this coach is taking long times..."
    Youth 2 "Yeah bruv, aint leeds nearer man"
    Youth 1 "What... What are those fings in that field man... looking like small chunky horses"
    Youth 2 "You thick or somthing.. there cows bruv.."
    Youth 1 "shut up..."
    Youth 2 "serious bruv them moo cows man, where we get bacon from..."

at this point i cranked my ipod to 11 closed my eyes and started dreaming of being on a remote island with keeley hazel...
  • edited March 2012
    last time i did a coach away trip i had the pleasure of hearing this intelictual discussion between two youths sat in front of me... let me set the scene, we have just left london and are on the nice countryside part of the m25 heading around around for the m1 i think,

youth 1 "raaa man this coach is taking long times..."
    Youth 2 "Yeah bruv, aint leeds nearer man"
    Youth 1 "What... What are those fings in that field man... looking like small chunky horses"
    Youth 2 "You thick or somthing.. there cows bruv.."
    Youth 1 "shut up..."
    Youth 2 "serious bruv them moo cows man, where we get bacon from..."

at this point i cranked my ipod to 11 closed my eyes and started dreaming of being on a dessert island with keeley hazel...
    PMSL at yoofs.

My God, you really do want it all.
  • Hahahaahah.

I would have been tempted to have given em a quid just before the coach was about to leave the services and hoped they missed getting on in time!

On a side note, i remember going to Notts forest a few years back and we missed the first like 15/20 mins of the match. A boring 0-0 aswell!
  • Kids of today eh.

Just goes to show the state of the education system when they don't know we get bacon fron sheep.
  • Cow Cops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Last time I did an away voach there were some right thick kids who didnt know their farm animals, and a bloke got kicked off the coach for knocking one out whilst screaming Keeley.
  • Last time I did an away voach there were some right thick kids who didnt know their farm animals, and a bloke got kicked off the coach for knocking one out whilst screaming Keeley.

Best thing ive ever heard haha.
  • I got a hand shandy on a coach to west brom cup game back in the day
  • yeah but it was from seb so that dosnt count mate ;-)
  • hahah no deffo a treac
  • Bristol City 1994, last time I went by coach. Never getting on one again.
  • Bristol City 1994, last time I went by coach. Never getting on one again.

Was that the FA Cup game? With the near riot on the way out?
  • edited March 2012
    Bristol City 1994, last time I went by coach. Never getting on one again.
    Yes, had to shield my young son and his mate under my coat from a barrage of missiles raining dowm on us! Remember signing 'You'll never get a ticket' on the way out for the replay at the 8k capacity three sided Valley in those days. Think they had had a tear up with the spanners the week before and thought we were fair game cockneys for revenge. Think it was Big fat Peter Garland who got the equaliser and booked for jumping on the railings in front of us.