Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackheath to Charlton

Not being local anymore I was a big surprised to see that there aren't any trains from Blackheath to Charlton between 4.30 and 7pm, as walking that far is beyond my ability please suggest the best way to get to the Valley in time for a beer or two in the Lib before the Yeovil game. I don't really have to go up to London Bridge and back down do I ?

Comments

• 380 bus
  • You say you're not local, where are you coming from then?
  • Have a few beers in the village and then walk. Its only a couple of miles.
  • 54 or 380 bus.
    53 bus if you can get to the top of greenwich park across the heath.
    Lancashire - it's up north
    54 or 380 bus.
    53 bus if you can get to the top of greenwich park across the heath.
    thanks Suzi - that's what I'll do.

• 380 stop right at the end of wellington gardens mate so lib is dead opposite. just watch your time tho because from about 7 onwards they used to divert via charlton village so you would have to walk down charlton church lane.
  • its mostly downhill too..

;)
    Very droll.

• What happened to the 75 and the 94? Sure both used to stop outside the Clarendon. Mind you it was thirty odd years ago!
  • edited March 2012
    You say you're not local, where are you coming from then?
    Lancashire - it's up north

Well that's why I asked! Why, if you are coming from Lancashire do you want to travel from Blackheath to Charlton?
    There are plenty of trains from Charing Cross/London Bridge direct to Charlton. Loads in fact.
  • Sponsored links:

Very droll.

You got a problem? Why does someone from Lancashire need to know about trains from Blackheath to Charlton????

• Hasn't scored enough goals.
  • edited March 2012
    You say you're not local, where are you coming from then?
    Very droll.

It's none of my business Chirps but he might be staying in Blackheath. I reckon the change to the website has upset you more than usual today.
  • Yawn
    Very droll.

It's none of my business Chirps but he might be staying in Blackheath. I reckon the change to the website has upset you more than usual today.
    That's why I asked him where he was travelling from. He said Lancashire.

• there is an assumption that every individual on this site, reads EVERY thread and comment on this site, which when a related query is asked, when some people aren't aware of the background it appears silly to others leading to antagonistic comments. (others accuse those 'in the know' of being in a clique when in fact, they just retain information posted in every thread and possibly have more time on their hands and it leads to looking like an 'in-joke.)

having said that. I think Chirpy has read and commented on EVERY thread on this site so it's no excuse for him not knowing why Lancs is in Blackheath :-).
  • I think he said, he'd be staying at The Clarendon.
  • Chirpy - I live in Lancashire but tomorrow someone is paying for me to come to London for a training course which finishes at 3.30pm, so I am staying overnight at Blackheath and going to the Yeovil match. When looking at the train times I was surprised to see no trains to Charlton for there match, as in the many years that I did live in the area there was such a service so I asked the question which a number of Lifers kindly answered.
  • Be prepared for a shock when you go to pay on the bus! As much as a pint these days.
  • Could you claim back a day travel card too Lancs?
  • Sponsored links:

• no it's OK I'm old enough to have a national bus pass, which means an extra pint
  • just sprint down the line between blackheath and charlton, it's only one stop.
  • no it's OK I'm old enough to have a national bus pass, which means an extra pint
    Cheers LL, bottle of Bishop's Finger. Very kind of you to offer. : - )

• will be in the liberal with mog and now doubt a few others tomorrow night lancs from about 6pm so come say hello.
  • there is an assumption that every individual on this site, reads EVERY thread and comment on this site, which when a related query is asked, when some people aren't aware of the background it appears silly to others leading to antagonistic comments. (others accuse those 'in the know' of being in a clique when in fact, they just retain information posted in every thread and possibly have more time on their hands and it leads to looking like an 'in-joke.)

having said that. I think Chirpy has read and commented on EVERY thread on this site so it's no excuse for him not knowing why Lancs is in Blackheath :-).
    I honestly had no idea. However if he's staying at The Clarendon (no comment), it's not that far a walk to the ground for goodness sake!

He should have made things clearer. He calls himself Lancs Addick, he then says he wants a train from Blackheath to Charlton. I ask him, to try and help, where he's coming from and he says Lancashire! I don't think I was being unreasonable.

And just for the record, I do not read every thread, just the ones I think by their title that I can make a positive contribution to.
  • will be in the liberal with mog and now doubt a few others tomorrow night lancs from about 6pm so come say hello.
    Only if you clean your dirty van first young man !

• Chirpy - I suggest you should have read my original message properly before commenting I said "walking that far is beyond my ability" the reason for that is immaterial to this thread.
  • edited March 2012
    Chirpy - I suggest you should have read my original message properly before commenting I said "walking that far is beyond my ability" the reason for that is immaterial to this thread.
    Fair enough, I did see that bit earlier but things moved on. My point was you said you were travelling from Lancs to Charlton and gave no reason in this thread why you needed a train from Blackheath to Charlton. I am deepley sorry that I didn't know you were staying at The Clarendon (no comment) but if you had kept your travel question on the original thread about your reasons for staying at The Clarendon (no comment) rather than starting this one independantly it would have saved a lot of us a lot of grief and me yet even more friends on here. I haven't many left.

How you getting to Blackheath railway station from The Clarendon (no comment) by the way?
  • with difficulty

Also Chirpy I don't see why I should tell anyone that I was originally coming from Lancs, all I wanted to know was how to get from B'heath and some Lifers were kind enough to give me the advice I needed without me having to go into lines and lines of explanation, it was a simple question that requested a simple answer.

Shall we leave it there and save our energy for supporting the team tomorrow evening?

I honestly had no idea. However if he's staying at The Clarendon (no comment), it's not that far a walk to the ground for goodness sake!

He should have made things clearer. He calls himself Lancs Addick, he then says he wants a train from Blackheath to Charlton. I ask him, to try and help, where he's coming from and he says Lancashire! I don't think I was being unreasonable.

And just for the record, I do not read every thread, just the ones I think by their title that I can make a positive contribution to.
    You make me chuckle Chirpy.