Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pay Attention You Lot: New Categories

We've revised some of the Categories, which will hopefully organise the Forum content a little better. So take a look at the Categories page and make sure to choose the correct one when starting new discussions (nee nar, nee nar). I'll be re-organising the older discussions over the next few days so that older content is shifted into the correct places.

Ta

Comments

• Boo. Say no to change. PC gone mad. This forum is going to the dogs ;-)
  • i'm with you henry...this categorisation of posts is a bit anal if you ask me...
  • anal if you like, but it makes it easier to search for posts and subjects if they are in the right category, and its easier for others, who unlike you and me, and not on here religiously and just want to read the Charlton stuff. As the amount of users and posts increase, a lot more people will be viewing by category.

It takes less that a second to select a category, please make an effort to choose the right one. I spend a large chunk of my day editing and moving people's posts into the correct category which i don't really enjoy doing. It will help the forum run smoother.
  • Where's the section on Charlton Memorabillia then..... ? Hmmph
  • all ketman posts shoudl be filed under "other sports"
  • seriously tho, who actually reads by category?
  • Leave it West Side, I am not that crappy sport...end of
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]seriously tho, who actually reads by category?

anal people and moderators by the sound of it ...
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]anal people and moderators by the sound of it ...
    homophobe
  • no, just that some people that view here just to pick up on the Charlton news and either aren't to interested in the other general discussions, or don't have time.

For those not aware, you can tailor your settings so that you can block certain categories. So if you were interested in just the Charlton stuff, you can block the other categories out leaving you just that stuff.

If we put things in the right categories, it gives everyone options. Its also a poilteness to others. Me and you will continue viewing everything, but don't presume that everyone who views wants to read stuff about music and books, for example.

waiting for Lord Awkward and a neee naaw
  • Sponsored links:

• Lord Awkward... lol!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]seriously tho, who actually reads by category?

I don't but if the international stuff takes off it would make sense for some people and it's good to have the option
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]no, just that some people that view here just to pick up on the Charlton news and either aren't to interested in the other general discussions, or don't have time.

For those not aware, you can tailor your settings so that you can block certain categories. So if you were interested in just the Charlton stuff, you can block the other categories out leaving you just that stuff.

If we put things in the right categories, it gives everyone options. Its also a poilteness to others. Me and you will continue viewing everything, but don't presume that everyone who views wants to read stuff about music and books, for example.

waiting for Lord Awkward and a neee naaw

I reckon you're spot on AFKA, a couple of seconds showing consideration for others is the very least people can do.

PS. Who's this Lord Awkward fella? - sounds like a top bloke if he's a lord.
  • edited July 2007
    no 'Puns' category? :)
  • Smudge - Wheres the Non PC category so some of us can talk about Islamists et al without upsetting anyone else? ;-)
  • MCSMCS
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Smudge - Wheres theNon PCcategory so some of us can talk about Islamists et al without upsetting anyone else? ;-)

Netaddicks dude! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Smudge - Wheres theNon PCcategory so some of us can talk about Islamists et al without upsetting anyone else? ;-)

Netaddicks dude! :-)

LOL!