Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wenger - has he ever been gracious in defeat

Just watched the end of the Arsenal Wigan game and thought the reaction of both Wenger and Van Persie after the game was embarrassing. Wenger shows absolutely no class, contrast his reaction to that of Sir Alex when Wigan beat them last week.
As for Van Persie, brilliant player but acts like a spoilt, petulant child when they lose, wonder where he gets his example from.

Comments

• Arsenal as a football club are an exact reflection of Wenger. Arrogant,better than everyone else. Crumble under any sort of pressure.Ferguson pushes his buttons EVERY season.
  • 2-1 to wigan incase anyone did not know
  • Arsenal as a football club are an exact reflection of Wenger. Arrogant,better than everyone else. Crumble under any sort of pressure.Ferguson pushes his buttons EVERY season.
    COMPLETELY. Utterly, utterly classless. Favoured by referees. Plastic fans. The epitome of modern day football. That's why I despise them more than any other football club (tho obviously Scumwall are extremely close).

And cheers Kap - read the main post and a smile spread across my face, then saw yours. Get in!
  • edited April 2012
    Loved the booing at the end. Mug fans. Must be really bad for them only winning 8 of the last 10 league games.
  • Wigan are bloody unbelievable, has a relegation threatened team ever before beaten Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal in such a short space of time (5 games)? They should have got a draw at Chelsea as well!

Aston Villa could end up being this season's West Ham, I reckon it will be Wolves, Blackburn and Villa that go down. That would be hilarious, if McLeigh gets them relegated he'll have to tunnel himself out of Brum.
  • As i said on another thread:

20+ years in London and Wenger still sounds like the policeman from 'ello 'ello

The bloke is a complete tosser.
  • Thought Wigan played really well and deserved to win. On the evidence of tonight they are certainties to stay up. As for the reaction of Van Persie and particularly Wenger, not surprised at all. They have no class whatsoever.
  • Van Persie was an absolute to$$er at the end. Had the hump with Caldwell, only because Arsenal were losing though I suspect. Sour grapes, he didn't get a look in all night.

Victor Moses is some player.
  • I've seen Van Persie do that a million times. Glad I'm not the only one to notice. What a giant brat, totally classless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Van Persie miscontrolled it, then pushed Caldwell straight at the goalkeeper. You could see Caldwell saying "What are you doing?" and there was Van Persie offering him out. Then he refuses to shake hands at the end. Ref should've booked him for unsporting behaviour. What an absolute twat.
  • I went to the match last night.

My god, what an absolute pile of crap arsenal were. I've never seen a team with such a lack of cutting edge in front of goal.

I was soooooo hoping they'd get spanked when it was 2-0. Brilliant day for me at the emirates :)

I just hope they don't steal SCP....

On a sidenote, i've never seen/heard such poor support as wigans!
  • Wenger throwing his toys out of the pram again because he wasn't allowed to win. Very talented when it comes to football, but as a man a complete tosser. Have Arsenal never time wasted on a one goal lea
  • Arsenal thought they could just turn up and roll Wigan over. Martinez out thought Inspector Clouseau.

Wigan's 3-4-3 formation was perfectly suited to that game as it allowed them to counter attack in numbers although quite often they had 11 behind the ball.

you could tell Wenger was going to cry as the game wound down and he was arguing with the 4th official.

well deserved victory.

wouldn't mind going to Villa Park next season instead of Wigan.
  • Would be great to have Villa in the championship...and I like seeing Wigan punch above their weight in the premiership.

In contrast to Wenger, Martinez has a lot of class.
  • liked wenger a few years ago with his unbeaten team.

now i just cant stand him.

and that stupid coat he wears. its so long from being weighed down by all the packets of haribo in his pockets.
  • As i said on another thread:

20+ years in London and Wenger still sounds like the policeman from 'ello 'ello

The bloke is a complete tosser.
    I know a guy who has been in China since 1988, guess what, he still speaks with an American accent.