Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Panini stickers

I'm sure there were plenty of collectors out there, did anyone complete a full set ?

Remember being left with a load of Notts Forest and Aberdeen badges. Got banned from our school so we got restricted to trading in the boys toilets. Remember one lad getting caught, and having about 100 spares taken off him, heartbraking at the time !!!

Comments

• Legend has it that Sparky Hughes used one of him as his passport photo. Quality if true!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I'm sure there were plenty of collectors out there, did anyone complete a full set ?

Remember being left with a load of Notts Forest and Aberdeen badges. Got banned from our school so we got restricted to trading in the boys toilets. Remember one lad getting caught, and having about 100 spares taken off him, heartbraking at the time !!!

i was close for sure, i was aided when once i was at qpr away with morts genius and his motley crew, and they were giving books away and with the books they had like 10 free packs, so i lobbed the books, as i went back about nine times using different voices to get more and more! i wish i kept stuff like that!
  • yeah i completed the 1988 album
  • I completed Mexico 86... massive disappointment when its done as its over, no more trading, no more anything... socrates was my last one..
  • I completed last years world cup one
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]yeah i completed the 1988 album

88-89

that season Chelsea, Man City, Blackburn, Sunderland, Pompey and Birmingham were in Div 2, Fulham, Bolton, Wigan and Reading were in Div 3.

and Millwall finished 10th in Div 1 !!! (we finished 14th on 42 points)
  • football 78 was my 1st (red album?)
    defo completed football 80 then promptly swapped the whole album for the use of an atari for a week. parents went ape.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]football 78 was my 1st (red album?)
    defo completed football 80 then promptly swapped the whole album for the use of an atari for a week. parents went ape.

sounds a good deal to me, the atari was ace !
  • Never ever completed one.My main memory of the 70's ones , apart from the haircuts, was the names.Plenty of Bills,Arthurs,Rons and Trevors, proper names !.None of this Jerome and Marcus stuff.
  • I completed the world cup 90 set.
    Also remember collecting pro sets i think they were called.
    Remember most mornings 1 of us would order some sweets so the old dear in the shop would have to get her ladder out and climb up to get to them, 1 of us would shield and 1 of us would nick loads of packets.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2007
    with some of the ladylifers complaining about the lack of prettyboys recently, they should count themselves fortunate that they didn't have to cheer these strange looking people.

actually the site brings back memories and even has a category for beards & mullett perms.
  • I'm sure you could write a begging letter to the company and get your last ones to complete it, I think a mate did that.
  • I always remember there being about a million viv andersons on the go and in one year waiting for an el tel sticker forever.

got

got

got

got

need

need

got

got

got
  • actually it goes

got
    got
    got
    got
    got
    got
    NEED
    got
    NEED BADLY
    got
    got
    SHINY, bloody shiny rock on
    got
    got
    Paul Williams! You can have my whole Villa team
    got
  • used to love them
    What year was the material badges?
  • do you remeber the shiny ones that were the clubs emblem.....
  • i'll swap one of your Viv Anderson's for one of my shiny Aberdeen badge spares...
  • Ha ha the f*cking Aberdeen badges were everywhere!!
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I'm sure you could write a begging letter to the company and get your last ones to complete it, I think a mate did that.

It didn't have to be begging - you could just get a limited number from them to complete the book. I remember getting packages sent to all my relatives so I could finish the book!
  • i think in footbal '78 i had a mountain of drew jarvie's and sandy jardine's and the one as rare as hens teeth was the shiny eufa cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• completed football 81, Was on Ebay the other week and you can buy the old 70's and 80's gold and silver ones in keyrings and fridge magnets, its a coaster this week for the 79 charlton one. link added

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CHARLTON-ATHLETIC-COASTER-Panini-Football-1979_W0QQitemZ200128506541QQihZ010QQcategoryZ10767QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem
  • completed 86 after a desperate search for peter shilton.

remember to swap two players for a foil badge.

too many kenny jackets, not enough john chedozie. far too many st mirren team pics, i was giving them away at school.