Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Ferguson drops Howard Webb

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner.
Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders, but news has now surfaced that Ferguson is to take a gamble on Marriner.
Marriner, who has only made 3 starts for Man Utd this season, is a surprise selection by Ferguson, given Webb’s ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.
“Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion,” revealed Ferguson.
“I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time.”
The news of Marriner’s inclusion has left United fans miffed given Ferguson’s criticism of his performance in a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2009.
“It doesn’t make any sense not to include Webbo,” said avid fan John Henderson, who has lived in Plymouth all his life and whose only connection with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.
“In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a two-nil lead.”
“I hope that Ferguson has seen something in Marriner in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion.”
“If City have still got eleven men on the pitch at half-time then I’ll be singing Webbsyio’s name.”
“I’ll be singing it at the TV, but rest assured that the wife will be left in no doubt about how angry I am.”

Comments

• That's a good effort - enjoyed that.
    And good news for ABUs like myself.
  • Hysterical - best laugh I've had all week.
  • Just like to point out that although I am a witty fella that is not my work. Lifted from an e-mail doing the rounds in the city...
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry to hear that CR, you had just gone up in my estimation.

;0)
  • edited April 2012

;0)
    Lol! Back to business as usual then!
  • Good stuff, very funny.
  • edited April 2012
    hahahaha thanks for fessing up to the 'plagarism' and for sharing it with us
  • hahahaha thanks for fessing up to the 'plagarism' and for sharing it with us
    See, I'm not all bad. Do seem to be a few on my case more than usual though. But that's what I'm after I guess..........

Misunderstood and wasted on here...........
    See, I'm not all bad. Do seem to be a few on my case more than usual though. But that's what I'm after I guess..........

aint we all .. how's that first novel coming along ?

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2012

;0)
    Lol! Back to business as usual then!
    Arf

Funnily enough reading some of your posts I thought you were wasted.

Funnily enough reading some of your posts I thought you were wasted.

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot
  • Good post.
    Just sent to the obligatory Manure fan in the office, I may or may not have inserted his name in the piece.

Cue accusations of office bullying!!
  • Just like to point out that although I am a witty fella that is not my work. Lifted from an e-mail doing the rounds in the city...
    Street cred blown in one sentence! :-0

Street cred blown in one sentence! :-0

Maybe, but at least I can sleep at night...
  • Classic Chirpy!
  • Funny --good laugh