Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fantastic or cheating freekick?!!

I am interested in new tactics to distract people when doing a freekick - this video clip from Israel's league is right up there on the borderline for me - would be great to see it done here in the UK and see all the debate that goes on afterwards ;)
Link here youtube.com/watch?v=_nPPAOpgQns&feature=related

Comments

• Nothing wrong with that. Perfectly legit.................
  • Nothing wrong with that at all!
  • Well worked. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.
  • Would love to see this happen with Danny and Bradley leaving the path open to Yann…
  • The comments below the video are quite interesting.
  • more concerned a ginger is playing football in isreal. must spend fortunes on factor 50.
  • Did I imagine it, or did SCP and KINGsella have a little routine a couple of years back where they 'argued' over a freekick with MK storming off, only to turn around and spank a SCP layoff........
  • Without the palaver it was a pretty well-taken freekick.
  • They deserve an oscar for that acting, great free kick.
  • I doubt any ref would disallow it - I think our routine is better though - have two brilliant free kick takers standing either side, one left footed and one right. Not knowing which part of the net the ball is going to hit! The advantage with ours is, you can keep using it, not just onece or twice.
  • Sponsored links:

• A bit unsporting, but very clever all the same.
  • Very clever.
  • saw in the west ham blackpool final they had some one literally standing right in front of the goalkeeper and slowly jogging back to the ball, still obscuring the keepers vision. Almost tricked Green and clearly found it uncomfortable, despite the fact the commentators said it was just an easy save.
  • Cant see it as YouTube blocked at work, but Man Utd had a routing where Keane and Scholes argued before whipping in the free kick.
  • They made that look so simple! Mind you the awful refs in league one would probably pull it back.
  • The comments below the video are quite interesting.
    "lmao ! pretending to be a jew? I never said im jewish.. and I didn't lie about anything u worthless piece of shit ! ur the 1 with the raging old hormones saying u love to fuck 12 year old girls... mate ur just mad ur mom had a sick fetish for cows and now ur a half man/cow and u obviously developed the same fetishes as ur mother except in ur case u like it when 12 year old girls stick dildo's up ur ass !

cowman"
  • Did I imagine it, or did SCP and KINGsella have a little routine a couple of years back where they 'argued' over a freekick with MK storming off, only to turn around and spank a SCP layoff........
    Certainly remember Kins doing it - not sure who the other player involved was, though? He tried it a couple of times, but never scored from it!

• We did do something similar one night match a long time ago...am sure it wasn't SCP though who took the kick...we scored from it as well...
  • nothing wrong with it as far as I can see

This was banned after the event: Coventry V Everton in 1970

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq2xT-tx38

• Quality kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Coventry freekick top class but as stated above banned because Carr judge to have touched ball twice before Hunt scored,
    Did not stop that goal from standing,think Coventry went on to win that match.
    As for the other match notning wrong with that freekick unless its scored against you.
  • Ungentalmanly conduct anyone ?
  • Is every youtube clip ever followed by pages of bile? It makes this forum look positively brotherly.
    How can it be ? Just another clever version of somebody feining to take it. If the ref has blown, the goalie needs to be alert.

What needs to be stamped out is when a forward stands in front of the goalie & as the free kick is about to be taken walks away from the ball thereby not being offside as not attempting to play the ball. That is ungentalmanly conduct / unsporting behaviour.
    How can it be ? Just another clever version of somebody feining to take it. If the ref has blown, the goalie needs to be alert.

What needs to be stamped out is when a forward stands in front of the goalie & as the free kick is about to be taken walks away from the ball thereby not being offside as not attempting to play the ball. That is ungentalmanly conduct / unsporting behaviour.
    DOH !!!!!! That should be walks away from the keeper

No. It's definitely ungentlemanly conduct.