Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Drogba to leave Chelsea

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18152689

Nice way to treat the man who won you the Champions league.

Comments

• Would be good cover for Kermorgant...
  • edited May 2012

Not a lot you can say if he wants to go abroad for an even fatter cheque for his last couple of years.

• edited May 2012

Not a lot you can say if he wants to go abroad for an even fatter cheque for his last couple of years.

Nah he is coming south to us. ; )
  • He'll finish his career back in France or in a league where he is a whale in a pool of minnows
  • He'll finish his career back in France or in a league where he is a whale in a pool of minnows
    Doesn't want to be a whale where he's likely to be going! They have neighbours with fleets of ships who'll be hunting him!! ;-)
  • JTJT
    edited May 2012
    He's getting a reported 300k a week in China. Won everything with Chelsea, he's coming to the end of his career. May aswell!
  • Hate it when he dives but what a great player he is!!
  • He has done his job at chelski, delivered them titles, f.a cups and now the champions league, good sign off, an a quality player to boot.

Yet I remember seeing him sneak up behind and opponent in the A.C.N and pulling his hair behind the ref's back, and I dont like him for that.
  • Would be a great signing for Barca. It showed when they played chelsk they needed a different option.
  • Looking at those statistics on the BBC report is amazing. Won 4 FA Cups , 3 League titles , 2 Carling cups and a Champions league.
    Also scored in 8 major finals , say what you want about his diving. But what a beast of a player!
    He scored his first goal against Palace as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• £16m a year tax free, probably won't have to train and just play matches plus all the Chinese food you can eat.

How do I get a gig like this?
  • I think it was a mutual decision. He wants to a two year contract and Chelsea only wanted to give him a one year extension so he's off to earn 250k a week in China.

Whatever you think of him he is one of the best foreign players to ever play in England. A great player.
  • I think it was a mutual decision. He wants to a two year contract and Chelsea only wanted to give him a one year extension so he's off to earn 250k a week in China.

Whatever you think of him he is one of the best foreign players to ever play in England. A great player.
    I agree with this. He will earn a fortune while adding credibility to the club he signs for and he gets to leave Chelsea (probably the club he thinks of as 'His Club') at the top of his game. Chelsea, actually, had a terrible season in the league, yet he leave a hero.

Good luck to him!
    Doesn't want to be a whale where he's likely to be going! They have neighbours with fleets of ships who'll be hunting him!! ;-)
    I'd be more concerned about the fact that I was only an 'r' away from being a Dogbar in China.
    Anyway,racial stereotyping aside, this was a done deal some time ago apparently.

• £16m a year tax free, probably won't have to train and just play matches plus all the Chinese food you can eat.

How do I get a gig like this?
    some of those chinese buffets are dog rough though

• Good luck to him.
    Scary though, that China will be the league paying the huge wages and sucking the best players in 5/10 years time - although it will never beat the prem for entertainment.
  • Consistently the best striker in the Premier over the past decade. He's won all there is to win over here and now he's a yen for going Japanese .. well, Chinese anyway. Farewell Didier it was fun having you around.