Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I think it harsh, especially as the FA have said the ban is there because it was a big game.
  • Double good
  • 12 games? ......that's almost a third of a Prem season.
  • 4 for the sending off, 4 for the cowardly kick at Aguero and 4 for being a general twat.

seems fair to me.
  • Sounds good.

I still had plenty of laughter watching it though and couldn't give a toss if he does it again
  • 12 games? ......that's almost a third of a Prem season.
    With a bit of luck he'll do it again on his first game back and the FA double it :)
  • I was advocating 12 games at the time. Seems fair enough to me.
  • Just to put it into perspective, Barton 12 game ban and £75,000 fine for violent conduct, Suarez 8 game ban and £40,000 fine for racially abusing someone.
  • Just to put it into perspective, Barton 12 game ban and £75,000 fine for violent conduct, Suarez 8 game ban and £40,000 fine for racially abusing someone.
    Barton attacked 3 people, Suarez said something very wrong. Legal courts would probably reflect the punishments.

• Sponsored links:

• Suarez got of lightly but Barton's punishment was fair.
  • Good horrible little git
  • gonna put what i said in the other thread...

12 games?! wow. though i'm happy because i cant stand barton. at the same time i do like to watch a bit of handbags, a of a scuffle between players. contributes to a more heated atmosphere on the pitch. good fun.
    unless of course its your own player, or an england player. then it just makes me angry. like when danny mills got himself sent off for us, or beckham against argentina.
  • Completely deserved. Not excusable, but rush of blood and use of elbow can happen, but the kick afterwards - pathetic!
  • Good. Should have been 12 years.
  • Cantona got a 9 month ban for his Kung-Fu Kick, if you ask me Barton's got off lightly!
  • People have been jailed for less...
  • Cantona got a 9 month ban for his Kung-Fu Kick, if you ask me Barton's got off lightly!
    he should of been awarded a knighthood or a medal or something. thats why to me cantona is a legend.
  • Stick that up your Twitter you nasty, vicious little nerk. Should have been banned for life.
  • shame means we wont sign him now, sort of player we need
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2012
    12 games...Should've been 12 years for that unprovoked attack on those poor City players
  • Don't have a problem with this ban, just think it shows other offences are given an overly light touch - for example Suarez's ban for the whole Evra incident. I assume Tevez will be getting some kind of retrospective punishment for having a sly dig at barton in the run up to Barton losing his marbles?
  • He'll appeal, just hope it is not reduced.

Has he tweeted anything about this yet?
  • Sky Sports News - Joey Barton to fight 12 match ban.

Is there anything he won't fight?
  • Sky Sports News - Joey Barton to fight 12 match ban.

Is there anything he won't fight?
    Ha!
  • I wouldn't shed a tear if he was chucked out altogether. He's poisonous in a sport watched by millions of kids. His retort is 'I'm a tortured soul who soothes his ills by listening to The Smiths, having a superficial interest in modern art and talking about it on Twitter.'

Tell that to the lad who had a cigarette stubbed out in his face, the 15 year old he beat up and the team mate who was left with a detached retina.

Arsehole.
  • Good player though, would do us well in midfield if anyone can fix him its scp
  • Would like to see him locked in a room with Andy Todd.
  • 3 for the sending off, one additional because it was his second, 2 for the knee, 1 for the attempted nutting and 5 for googling clever quotes then tweeting them. Got off lightly.
  • The only annoying thing about the 12 match ban is that the mouthy little shit will still be picking up his £90k a week.