Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robert Green.

By ANDREW DILLON Published: 21st May 2012, The Sun

WEST HAM fear Robert Green may have played his last game for the club. "England’s No 2 keeper, 31, will begin contract talks this week and is looking for a 50 per cent pay rise to around £45,000 a week."

Guess he needs a new Aston Martin every fortnight.

Comments

• Pure greed
  • England's No.2 keeper? Doesn't seem like it to me ...
  • He's a crap keeper as well, imo. So glad we didn't spunk 3 million quid on him when Dowie tried to sign him.
  • Personally have never rated Robert Green. Think he is an average keeper. Just my opinion
  • i think he should look for less , i mean why ask for more
  • West Ham will pay it.
  • He's a crap keeper as well, imo. So glad we didn't spunk 3 million quid on him when Dowie tried to sign him.
    Didnt realise Dowie tried to get him for us. He's crap.

• Wet Spam should call his bluff - noone is gonna pay him that much.
  • Someone will. The Premier League is awash with money and the wages are stupid across the board.
  • Someone will. The Premier League is awash with money and the wages are stupid across the board.
    Cant see it - you can go abroad now and get a keeper for half Greens wages and twice his ability.

• Sponsored links:

• Backup for Hamer?
    Cant see it - you can go abroad now and get a keeper for half Greens wages and twice his ability.

...but like it or not, he is England's no. 1 at the moment. Or at least he is in the managers eyes.

• Joe Hart?
  • Joe Hart?
    Yes I agree, with John Ruddy as No. 2.
  • World class keeper gave me a lot of Lola in the world cup
  • I've always thought Rob Green looks like a farmer.
  • 45 large? Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out you fackin chancer!
  • Yes, dowie offered Anderson and 1million but Norwich wanted straight cash.

Bear in mind that although we had a good season from Carson instead, we went down and ended up with weaver and the likes. Green would have been good longer term IMO.
  • By ANDREW DILLON Published: 21st May 2012, The Sun

WEST HAM fear Robert Green may have played his last game for the club. "England’s No 2 keeper, 31, will begin contract talks this week and is looking for a 50 per cent pay rise to around £45,000 a week."

As a point of reference to those who claim we were paying 25K per week to some players in our final Premiership years, take note of the above figures!

We were in for Green and he chose West Ham because they were reportedly offering him a lot more money than we were - yet still only (only!) 22K per week.

As Henry Irving and other well informed posters have commented before, even in our most opulent spending days in the Premiership it looks probable that our wage ceiling was around 15K per week.
  • Not the bloke who was drinking (water) in our bar eight years ago. Shame he has changed so much.
  • Sponsored links:

Al Habsi at Wigan is a far better keeper for a start

I bet Paul Robinson aint on that sort of money and he's no worse
  • edited May 2012
    So he wants to go up to the salary (reported) that Parker was offered and took by chelsea all those years ago

I really don't know why they aren't asking for less , surely it's only natural , I mean why would you want to secure a better future for you and your family , when you have the opportunity to work in the future
    These footballers haven't a clue
    I know everyone here would not even contemplate maximising their earnings and would request less
    Of course the moneys absurd but you gotta make hay when it shines

Weirdos
  • Backup for Hamer?
    How tall is he?
  • Another little sign that financial stability and premiership do not go together.
  • edited May 2012
    By ANDREW DILLON Published: 21st May 2012, The Sun

As a point of reference to those who claim we were paying 25K per week to some players in our final Premiership years, take note of the above figures!

We were in for Green and he chose West Ham because they were reportedly offering him a lot more money than we were - yet still only (only!) 22K per week.

As Henry Irving and other well informed posters have commented before, even in our most opulent spending days in the Premiership it looks probable that our wage ceiling was around 15K per week.
    Wouldn't a 50% pay rise to £45,000/wk mean that West Ham were paying him £30,000/wk beforehand?
  • 45 k a week is £2.3m a year
    You are the number one goalie for one of the top 20 clubs in the country.

I bet if you looked at the wages of the top 20,doctors,architects,actors, any other profession they would be earning similar amounts or more.
  • i agree with Callums Math
  • i agree with Callums Maths
  • i'll do the math you do the grammar mister1lunge
  • By ANDREW DILLON Published: 21st May 2012, The Sun

Wouldn't a 50% pay rise to £45,000/wk mean that West Ham were paying him £30,000/wk beforehand?
    Nobody likes a smart arse....:)