Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New layout?

edited July 2012 in Troubleshooting
New layout on my iPhone this morning.

Page numbers at the top, quote option under each post, and the quotes in posts aren't different colours. Also, there aren't any colours on the main part of the site, showing me what I've read and what I haven't read.

I don't like.

Comments

• This place is changing more than Facebook!
  • people don't like change!
  • On Chrome the main page has colours to show what you've read plus there's a 'views' counter, >618000 for Rumours - how desperate does that sound? Not sure about the non-highlighting of quotes....
  • No warnings. No prior notice. Nothing!

And the top boss of this site have the cheek to moan about the CAFC board keeping punters in the dark!
    ;-)
  • :-)

There are two types of layout changes. Code changes we put through ourselves, or occasionally generic code upgrades Vanilla roll out across their hosted platforms, with no prior warnings.

This is the latter, and is never ideal from our perspective. We'll note any issues and grumbles and feed back to Vanilla, so please raise any issues you have, preferably eith as much detail as possible (pc, mobile, which view, what browser etc)

Cheers
  • I quite like the views being shown.
  • In the old format I used to be able to understand what AFKA said , now it just make no sense
  • I cant park anywhere near this new improved site.
    Why oh why didnt you ask me?
    Fascists.
  • Need the quoted text to be a different colour - very confusing otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012
    Are the 'views' figures accurate, do you think? They seem very very high to me.
  • We can even moan about the new template of a fans forum........priceless
  • We can even moan about the moaning of the new template of a fans forum.....
  • Think it looks good apart from the "quote thing
  • edited July 2012
    Addicted said:

Think it looks good apart from the "quote thing

Yep the quote thing is crap.

Hold on - it's got better!
  • edited July 2012
  • Am staggered at some of the viewing figures of some of the threads? horror.
  • I cant park anywhere near this new improved site.
    Why oh why didnt you ask me?
    Fascists.

Piss off! :-)
  • Dont you opress me....
    ;-)
  • i don't like having Member next to my name, bit rude.

think the word next to the name should reflect the poster's personality of posting ie moaner, miserable, pun king etc
  • Sponsored links:

• It seems all of mine has shifted to the right, with the stars covering topic titles and forum, categories, activity and contact us below each other in a line at the top of the page
  • Macronate said:

think the word next to the name should reflect the poster's personality of posting ie moaner, miserable, pun king etc

That would be brilliant !
  • J BLOCK said:

It seems all of mine has shifted to the right, with the stars covering topic titles and forum, categories, activity and contact us below each other in a line at the top of the page

Isit possible you could take a screenshot and.mail it to admin@charltonlife.com
  • Macronate said:

It would save so much time, too. Let's do it!

Maybe it could be associated with a noise, like a sigh, a mischeivous 'he he' for WUM, a moan (not for the negative members but for the members perving on the Countdown thread) etc.

Remember a comedian at Up The Creek suggesting a similar idea for supermarkets.
    Instead of those annoying bleeps each time a product passes an appropriate noise would be made, a cluck for chicken products, moo for dairy/cow related products, not sure about toilet paper etc

• Macronate said:

i don't like having Member next to my name, bit rude.

This should be put on the itinerary for the next CAST meeting.
  • @JBlock On Windows try Control + F5 on a Mac try Option Click the Reload in Safari.
  • Yeah AFKA, i'll do it when im done with work
  • Macronate said:

...it would also make our resident Owl a massive member.
  • I find having the number of views before the number of comments a bit confusing.
  • Macronate said:

...it would also make our resident Owl a massive member.

I was thinking about changing my username to "Honourable"

Other message boards/forums sometimes grade according to input/status - maybe we could have "inner clique", "clique", "wannabe clique" and "the rest of us"?