Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guess the attendance for tuesday.

124»

Comments

• Probably about 17,500, based on Leicester bringing 1,700. They have sold 1,400.

However, I think there will be fewer no shows that for many midweeks (holidays offset by fewer comps).
  • Midweek are always down on Saturdays. Also it is still the holidays. We will only just pip the Nigels gate from Saturday. So somewhere between AFKAs 17200 and the Airmans 17500.
  • 16,658 - who was closest?
  • Shame to see it so empty
  • PL54 said:

Shame to see it so empty

Agreed, only downer on the night

• If we keep going like this it will really fill up ...
  • true,keep on winning and were have over 20,000 for many a game
  • Walk-up on the night was down on what we expected based on sales yesterday and today, but hopefully we'll see the benefit of tonight's result on Saturday.
  • PL54 said:

Shame to see it so empty

Same here, poor crowd considering, there were a lot better in the championship last night and their kids are on holiday blah,blah,blah the same as our kids.
  • Sponsored links:

• A

16,658 - who was closest?

And that includes ST holders who weren't there.
  • Maybe the price of the programme scared 'em all off?
    :-)
  • PL54 said:

Shame to see it so empty

Same here, poor crowd considering, there were a lot better in the championship last night and their kids are on holiday blah,blah,blah the same as our kids.
    5th highest gate out of the eleven Champ games last night, so no disgrace.
  • what we expecting for saturday airman?
  • edited August 2012
    Slightly more, I think. But no indication - yet - it will be a lot more.
  • I'm hoping now we've signed Ricardo , it will be a lot Fuller on Saturday.
  • Considering the low turn-out, it was a better atmosphere than many games last season that had more bums on seats......................and talking of seats, mine was bloody filthy. Seat cleaners didn't earn their money this summer. ;-)
  • shame that it dosen't look like we will hit 20k for our first saturday home game in a new league. Not even close by the sound of your post.

I claim the closest
  • Was really disappointed with the attendance
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Was really disappointed with the attendance

About what could be expected with so many on holiday....it's normaly the case in August.

• Brum only had 18k on saturday, which i thought was poor for a season opener.
  • se9addick said:

Was really disappointed with the attendance

About what could be expected with so many on holiday....it's normaly the case in August.

On the one hand all season we're told attendances are down all year due to the recession on the other hand they were down the other night because everyone's on holiday !!

I understand the argument, but I still wouldnt have expected more than 10,000 empty seats on our first game back in the Championship. Perhaps putting things into perspective though, Blackburn only got 13k for their game last night.
  • People have got used to not going to Charlton and it'll take a special season for them to get used to coming back regularly

A lot of people slagging off birmingham for 16,500 home fans ..... Will we have that many home fans this saturday ??
  • Sorry guys but the glory boys will only come when we are back in the premiership or when a big team rocks up. Saturday will be about 18,000 - 19,000
  • People have got used to not going to Charlton and it'll take a special season for them to get used to coming back regularly

A lot of people slagging off birmingham for 16,500 home fans ..... Will we have that many home fans this saturday ??

Yes but Birmingham have only recently dropped out of the top flight and are widely expected to be there or thereabouts this season, so for us to be even close to that considering where we've been in recent years isn't too shabby...
  • Do you think there will be any £5-10 a ticket games this season?
  • Addicted said:

Do you think there will be any £5-10 a ticket games this season?

Hard to say, but reckon they will at some point.