Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

And the winner is Andy Thorn

of the sack race.

First manager to lose his job after Coventry draw their first three games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19386206

Comments

• 3 games - a bit quick I feel
  • Might be looking back at Norwich a couple of seasons ago. They made the decision pretty early on (albeit after getting thrashed by Colchester) to dump Gunn for Lambert and haven't looked back since. Not sure coventry have to squad to do better than they currently are though..................................
  • He's been a dead man walking for a while - always had that haunted look about him when interviewed on the TV (as well as looking a bit uncomfortable and sweaty).
  • fat looking ghost offy
  • It just looks like a form of torture towards the bloke from an outsiders prospective.
    He took them down last season. They give him all pre-season to presumably organise and trade in the transfer market for life in L1 and then bin him as it gets started.

I can see Coventry City getting in real trouble tbh...real club threatening trouble. They are on a downward spiral with no signs of being able to arrest the slide atm. It's a feeling all too familiar to us.
  • It just looks like a form of torture towards the bloke from an outsiders prospective.
    He took them down last season. They give him all pre-season to presumably organise and trade in the transfer market for life in L1 and then bin him as it gets started.

I can see Coventry City getting in real trouble tbh...real club threatening trouble. They are on a downward spiral with no signs of being able to arrest the slide atm. It's a feeling all too familiar to us.

It's text book bad Chairmanship really. If the owners/board weren't confident in him they should have binned him out at the end of last season at the very latest. I don't like to see managers sacked, but you are going to see the benefit of it it's surely better to be decisive and do it early? I suppose it worked for Norwich with Paul Lambert, but the Gus Poyet/Chris Powell model would seem to be a more likely way to succeed imo.
  • So how long before Curbs is mention, before being dismissed, as he'll only take a prem job?
  • Probably do him good to be honest. Looked seconds from a heart attack everytime he appeared on tv.
  • He looked more like The Pub Landlord than The Pub Landlord.
  • Cracking effort to get the elbow before you've even lost a game. Bizarre - why bother keeping him on after last year if you are going to do that.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know a guy who supports Covo and he is at his wits end. The club is a complete basket case, with totally inept management and it is also saddled with the burden of an unsustainable rent for a stadium they no longer own. They have serious downward momentum and must be a prime candidate for administration in the absence of a takeover.

To think that they had something like 30 years in the top flight, running from the Jimmy Hill era.
  • Off_it said:

He's been a dead man walking for a while - always had that haunted look about him when interviewed on the TV (as well as looking a bit uncomfortable and sweaty).

He looked like that when he played.
  • Just another long line of former established Premier League clubs to drop into the 3rd tier. And though never established but been in the prem on 4 different occassions and never survived either of them is it the turn of that lot from SE25to be next?
  • So how long before Curbs is mention, before being dismissed, as he'll only take a prem job?

I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see Curbs managing again

• He's got the role as the Churchill Dog's sidekick in those awful adverts .. oh no no no no no no no.
    Coventry are in a mess
  • I thought he would get the tin tack at the end of last season - why they wait until now to do it (without even losing a game in three, yes three), who knows. They must have some proper muppets in charge; it's no mystery they are where they are then!

Agree with the comments on here about his 'haunted' look. He might as well have been wearing a hat with the word 'doomed' on it when appearing in interviews, because that's how he came across!
  • Any Thorne wins gold, who gets silver and bronze?
  • Coventry have been a mess for a few years now - much like Sheff Utd. Both clubs sailing close to the wind

I went to the Ricoh a couple of years ago - even stayed the night there in the hotel - have to say it was all a bit soulless
  • Runner up is John Sheridan. Just been sacked by Chesterfield
  • Wise applied for Coventry job
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:

Wise applied for Coventry job

Let's hope he gets it. Keeps him away from us :-)
  • Dansk_Red said:

Wise applied for Coventry job

Just when they thought things could get no worse......

Gold: Thorn
    Silver: Sheridan
    Bronze: ?

Gold: Thorn
    Silver: Sheridan
    Bronze: ?
    Mark Hughes im sure.
  • Average Van Man .. at Spurs
  • Not surprised by this at all. Looked extremely unconvincing in everything he was saying whenever he was on the TV.

Not half as terrified as Terry Connor though!
  • Alan Knill for bronze.
  • masicat said:

Alan Knill for bronze.

good call
  • Bronze is Allardyce
  • Depending on how the rest of tonight goes then I think bronze could well go to Nigel Freedman....