Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reluctant Transfer List

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
So with rumours of Villa coming in for Stephens, West Ham after Solly, I read that we're to bid 500K for a back up GK, had me worried about Hamer going (2+2=5).

Anyway had me thinking about who I would want to see leave if I had to choose 2 from who I see to be our best players... tough choice and the list is debatable I know. Not who we have back up for or who we could replace for the least money, just about who you'd be gutted to lose.

Hamer
Morisson
Solly
Wiggins
Stephens
Hollands
Pritchard
Jackson
Kermorgant
BWP

Find it really hard to pick 1 from that list. Surprise myself by saying it but I might even go for Jackson and Hollands, although not at the same time if you know what I mean. Very tough to choose, changed my mind a few times in the time it's taken to write this.

Thought it might be interesting to see how everyone thinks.

Comments

• Sacrificial 2 from that lot for me ;

Stephens
    Pritchard

Our midfield gets overrun too easily and we are still lacking an Andy Reid type player - the kind of player who can open a tin of tuna with their foot.
  • Any 2 from Hamer,Jackson and Pritchard
  • Hollands and Stephens
  • Jackson can't believe i am saying that name and stephens for me

Jacko I just don't want to see look like he is coming to the end but I don't believe he can do 90 mins at champ pace
  • I toyed with JAcko but think he'll move into coaching with us in the future so best to keep him around.

Really wouldn't want Hamer to go - about to be a big part of this club
  • Good game but it doesn't work like that as you've not included potential fees.

How much would someone pay for Jackson at his age? 50k?

So if we need to raise say 2m to pay bills or buy replacements then JJ and DH doesn't work.
  • Not going to play by Henry's rules.

Easy for me.

Stephens and Jackson.
  • If its money then it would have to be Solly,Hamer and Wiggins.
  • Also think Jacko's brain will come in useful on the boggier pitches later in the year when it's not all about pace. Still a job to do in a 5 in midfield when we are at a tough away game but he won't be doing 40 games this season
  • Good game but it doesn't work like that as you've not included potential fees.

So if we need to raise say 2m to pay bills or buy replacements then JJ and DH doesn't work.

Blimey. You'd make noughts and crosses difficult!

Don't the splinters from that fence ever get painful?

Hollands and BWP for me.

• Sponsored links:

Not thinking about the bills or anything, spend enough time balancing the books on Football Manager. Stephens news gave me that sinking feeling and I realised that I'd feel that with most of our starting 11.
  • Prichard and BWP for me, but wouldnt want to lose any considering how few we've brought in.
  • Hamer and BWP for who I would be most gutted to lose from that list, hamer will get us an extra 10 points on his own with his ability, and BWP is our most potent threat going forward, and goalscoring strikers ain't cheap!

Most easily replaced would be Pritchard and Wiggins, as I think we have enough in Green, Haynes and Wagstaff for the right hand side and Evina can plug the gap at left back until we got a left back in on loan
  • Stephens and Pritch
  • I'll make up my own rules and my own list. Therefore it's Clarke & Sullivan for me...................................................
  • Can't belive i'm saying it but Jackson and BWP for me would be the least disruptive
  • Jackson and Stephens

Purely because I feel they are weaker links and positions are covered
  • If it's money we need then unfortunately it Solly & Stephens all day for me.

They are young and have the ability to get even better which means Prem clubs will pay good money for them.

The only other players that would get a decent fee would be Morrison, Wiggins & Hamer, but I think these three would be tougher to replace.
  • Tough one this!
  • None of the back four listed, Hollands, Kermorgant or BWP. So that leaves Jackson, Stephens and Pritchard. No idea which two to pick, pros and cons to all three players.

What it does highlight though is that perhaps most of us feel that midfield is our weakest area of the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

an Andy Reid type player - the kind of player who can open a tin of tuna with their foot.

It's a good skill, especially if you've lost your tin opener, but not directly relevant to winning football matches.
  • I'd agree with Jackson. Good dead ball taker but that is about it imo.
  • Swisdom said:

Sacrificial 2 from that lot for the kind of player who can open a tin of tuna with their foot.

Is Christy Brown still playing ?
  • Jackson and Kermorgant.

kermy really? Jackson and Stephens for me

kermy really? Jackson and Stephens for me

I love him but he's 31 already - any future he has with us is bound to be a limited one I'm afraid. His age also prevents us from ever getting a sizable fee for him in the future - I see all the others being worth alot in couple of years' time.
  • Yer but he's a key player, fans favorite and hard to replace. As he's 31 (well in November he is), probably wouldn't command a large fee now either. So why sell one of your best players for a price where you can't go out and buy an adequate replacement? Would rather let him have another good couple of years and let him go for free. Be happy with that as we paid nothing for him.
  • JJ and Stephens
  • This is hard!!!!!!!!!

JJ (Sorry) and Pritchard

Even though I don't want anyone on that list to leave.
  • Solly is definitely one of our best players but not necessarily the hardest to replace - that would need to enter into any thinking. Personally, I don't think we will give any player away and finding a suitable replacement will be a major part of our thinking. Gald to see we rejected West Ham's initial bid - make it clear they will have to pay over the odds.