Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool Trains

edited September 2012 in Match Day Travel
Managed to get a single from Euston to Blackpool South for an amazing sum of £4.49 due to having £12.66 worth of rail vouchers ;) Only problem is that it's the long way via Birmingham :(

8:43 Euston >> 10:08 Birmingham New Street
10:20 Birmingham New Street >> 11:51 Preston
12:02 Preston >> Blackpool South 12:43

A total of 4 hours :(

Comments

• sod getting in at 12.43 on the saturday
  • What time you gonna get in then?
  • dunno not thought about it. certainly not going some silly long way via birmingham!!
  • What time you gonna get in then?

Old school, arrive at 11.00am or nearest train to it.

• Mike said:

dunno not thought about it. certainly not going some silly long way via birmingham!!

You'll do good to get in before 1 on cheap tickets, its like £45 to get in at 11odd now

• Managed to get a single from Euston to Blackpool South for an amazing sum of £4.49 due to having £12.66 worth of rail vouchers ;) Only problem is that it's the long way via Birmingham :(

8:43 Euston >> 10:08 Birmingham New Street
    10:20 Birmingham New Street >> 11:51 Preston
    12:02 Preston >> Blackpool South 12:43

A total of 4 hours :(

That's a really good price. Well worth the long journey time. Get a few cans and a couple of newspapers and the time will fly by.
  • Good work Nathan, you should save your fellow fans a lot of cash with that route.
  • Good work Nathan, you should save your fellow fans a lot of cash with that route.

It's around £20 cheaper than the normal route, however my price was with a 16-25 Railcard and money off vouchers.

And Mike, it won't take you like 5 hours ;)

08:23 High Wycombe >> 10:01 Birmingham Moor St
    Walk to New St then do the way I'm doing.
  • Cheers lad I may well do that.
  • Gents what is the quickest route and what is the best station to go to? Looked today and can see three stations. Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Blackpool south is the nearest to the ground.
  • robroy said:

Gents what is the quickest route and what is the best station to go to? Looked today and can see three stations. Cheers

Blackpool North is the station you arrive at and is about 20 minutes from the ground
  • is that a 20 minute run elfs
  • About 20 years ago was the last time I went so memory is a bit hazy! How long would it take a geezer of 5'4"?
  • Blackpool South is much closer,you can see the ground from the road outside the station.More trains to the North Station but it is a decent walk away and far too many pubs to walk by on the way to the ground!
  • richie8 said:

Blackpool South is much closer,you can see the ground from the road outside the station.More trains to the North Station but it is a decent walk away and far too many pubs to walk by on the way to the ground!

You can never have far too many!
  • Just paid £80 quid for a return but got a hotel for £26.
  • richie8 said:

Blackpool South is much closer,you can see the ground from the road outside the station.More trains to the North Station but it is a decent walk away and far too many pubs to walk by on the way to the ground!

You can never have far too many!
    Talking from past experience that we were going to watch a match and due to too many pit stops, missed it completely! Not a disaster as we weren't playing!
  • edited September 2012
    Got 1st Class on the way back for £25.10, have that bitches!
  • Sponsored links:

• all booked up for this now, not cheap but hey ho
  • Good day for train threads

Enjoy your first class train Nathan and I hope the connection at stockport Leeds Cardiff and Bristol work out for you :)
  • Mike said:

all booked up for this now, not cheap but hey ho

how much mike?

• Booked this back at the very start of the season when I was living up to my new season resolution of booking all trains 10 weeks in advance, that's fallen apart quite badly as I've only just booked Wolves away today !
  • clb74 said:

Mike said:

all booked up for this now, not cheap but hey ho

how much mike?

About £45 I think mate. Burnley is much cheaper

• I am just hiring a car for the weekend. Pick it up Friday and return it back Monday for £111. There is four of us going so works out about £45 each including petrol. Not to bad I think!